I just have to share how funny it is to pack for a weekend away now.

Jcliff

Reaction score
Before we had our daughter, my husband I could fit ALL of your stuff for a weekend away in one small carry on suite case. Now that we have the baby, im packing like a mad woman!! We are driving up state to see his family for ONE night, and Im pretty sure I packed enough for 3 weeks. Im just paranoid about forgetting something and I want my 4 month old to feel comfortable!! Maybe its just a First Time Mom thing, but will she really need this bouncy chair, bumbo, pac n play, portable play mat, like 10 blanket, like 50 diapers, about 30 outfits for all types of weather, toys, formula, 4 bottles, infant Tylenol, gas drops, etc. LOL!

We went away for 4 days last week. Normally we fit all our stuff in 1 holdall throw it in the boot and off we go.

The amount of things I took this time was ridiculous. There was barely enough room for my LO once everything had gone in the car!

It did all get used though

Def a first time mom thing. I was exactly the same way. Because you never know what COULD happen. She needs 18 outfits because she could have accidents, she NEEDS all these diapers because all the stores around there may be closed down if she runs out and we will be screwed :haha:

So fun packing for sure. lol

Don't forget the steriliser if you're bottled feeding.!! We went to London last month for 5 days, I even took washing up liquid and a cloth to wash bottles!! :headspin:

Not something I'm having a problem with. Me and Millie went away for 7 days and I still packed everything we needed in a carry-on. (Minus nappies!).

We're going away next week too, and just 1 suitcase :shrug:

I am going to Australia for 5 weeks on tues and dreading packing for Flynn & I!! Taking cloth nappies too :p

Ha! I remember that with my first. I think it slowly fades with each kid you have, I don't pack nearly half with this second that I would've with my first. Im pretty sure if I have a third my boobs will be all I need and the rest I can just wing it! Lol,
Anyhow, enjoy your visit! And don't forget something up there, now you've gotta pack it all to make sure it all makes it home!

We just got back from a trip that only lasted a few days... we were almost in a tropical storm :rain: (stores would have closed) and LO got really sick for the first time ever. I DID need the infant tylenol and I'm glad I brought it! I also had to go buy Motrin! And it was very difficult even with a lot of adults around to keep an eye on him because he's into everything now. We weren't there more than a couple hours I think before he broke a decorative ceramic bowl that was on a table. It was exhausting and I don't want to go anywhere for a long time!!

lol! oh yeah, we were the same at that age. now at 7 months we have it pared down to: diaper bag, toy bag, babypen, extra clothes/diapers/blanket bag, and a bag for me and dh clothes(the smallest bag)

We have to take the Pack N Play, 2 Rock N Plays, diapers for 2, extra outfits (though now we aren't using 5 a day like we were so 4-5 extra for an overnight should be fine), extra sheets, bottles, formula, and our things. When we went to my parents' house for two weeks we took a few extra things. So glad we have the van as it was completely packed on the way back including the front seat. We had 3 dogs in 2 crates though so they took a bit of space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->