I just realized why my Doppler hasn't found anything!!! *UPDATE FOUND HB*

CassieSims

Reaction score
So I got my Doppler 3 days ago and I was feeling pretty discouraged that I hadn't found the HB yet. I didn't feel anxious about the rainbow because my symptoms are very strong and I'm just not getting that vibe.

Well while I was just lying in bed I suddenly felt the oddest sensation... It felt as if something was pushing against my spine. It completely triggered a nerve and when I got up thinking I might need the bathroom I could barely straighten up my back! It was a spasm that lasted a few minutes and is becoming less pronounced as we speak.

But this makes me ecstatic! I think I'm carrying my rainbow low and far back!!! And that's why my Doppler couldn't pick up the HB! I was looking in the wrong place!

Yay!

Do you have a tipped uterus? I do and in my previous pregnancies it has always made it hard to get a hb and also makes it more tricky to get a decent us.

It's still early too, many women don't find anything for weeks yet xx

I've known woman that couldn't find their babies heartbeat until 12-13 weeks! Don't worry yourself!

Quite unusual to find it at 9 weeks. Keep trying

I found baby at a little over 7 weeks and then haven't been able to find it again, until last night! I realized I haven't found it because I was looking in the wrong spot! I have know my baby has been towards my right side, but figured at this point he can swim anywhere in there so I looked everywhere! Well I ended up finding him all the way to my right!! I'm talking like feel your hip bone go up about 2 inches or maybe 3 and that is where I found him? It was so weird that he was that far over! I didn't even know my uterus could be all the way over there! but it was def. baby!

There is an artery around there so it could have been that you were hearing. I did find my own heartbeat a few times with my first. I think your uterus is pretty low in your pelvis at 7 weeks

There is an artery around there so it could have been that you were hearing. I did find my own heartbeat a few times with my first. I think your uterus is pretty low in your pelvis at 7 weeks

was this to me? When I found baby at 7 weeks it wasn't all the way to my right.. he was slightly to the right but still mostly centered low. When I found it last night at 9 weeks he was way over to the right. it wasn't my artery, I know what that sounds like. It was def. baby. You can go to my journal and listen to the heartbeat if you'd like.

I have found mine since 8 weeks. The trick is having your bladder slightly full. Putting a pillow under your hips. I know for myself if i dont have that pillow under my hips baby is still under my pelvic bone and i wont hear it.

Make sure the room is quiet and with a little patience you should hear the galloping horses sound. {Baby's hb} I kinda start in the middle below my belly button and slowly move the transducer up and down from pelvic bone to belly button and listen. I go in a straight line and then over a little to find it. Eventually i do.

The other thing i noticed from even my last baby is at 8 to 9 weeks its easier to find them because they arent moving around so much. But usually by the end of the 9th week and on they are bouncing all over the place and it gets harder to find them again.

Good luck!

I have found mine since 8 weeks. The trick is having your bladder slightly full. Putting a pillow under your hips. I know for myself if i dont have that pillow under my hips baby is still under my pelvic bone and i wont hear it.

Make sure the room is quiet and with a little patience you should hear the galloping horses sound. {Baby's hb} I kinda start in the middle below my belly button and slowly move the transducer up and down from pelvic bone to belly button and listen. I go in a straight line and then over a little to find it. Eventually i do.

The other thing i noticed from even my last baby is at 8 to 9 weeks its easier to find them because they arent moving around so much. But usually by the end of the 9th week and on they are bouncing all over the place and it gets harder to find them again.

Good luck!

I think you are right about them moving after 9 weeks! I found the heartbeat again this morning and baby was still to the right! So he/she is just hanging out right now! it'll be interesting once they start moving!

As said above, many women struggle to locate theirs at home this early -- my midwife took a couple of minutes to locate mine at 12 weeks and change. :)

I agree it took me like 2 hours last night to find baby!!

Forget everything I said I don't know jack! I found the heartbeat!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :wohoo: :happydance: :wohoo: :happydance: :wohoo: :happydance: :wohoo:

It was so strong and fast and further up from my bikini line then is been searching. I had a pillow under my hips as suggested and I lost it pretty quickly because I was SHOCKED. I am so happy I can't describe this feeling of elation.

:happydance: :wohoo: :wohoo: :happydance:

I recommend these to EVERYONE as I am a big woman and I STILL found it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"