I just started my period, so why does it look like I'm about to ovulate?

MrsSinclair

Mommy of 1
Reaction score
Hi everyone :) I started my period this morning (or at least I think I did) when I wiped there was blood all over the toilet paper and it looked like the start of a regular period. I haven't bled anymore today, and I just took an OV test and it's almost positive. My son is 18 months old and I just got my first post partum period last month. If this is CD 1 for me, that makes my first cycle just 21 days long. Any ideas of why the OV test looked almost positive if I'm on my period? Or if it's not my period, what it might have been? Thanks so much for reading!

I almost always got almost positive opks right before or right when AF started...very frustrating! LH surges at different times in our cycle not just before O so charting your bbt is the best way to track ovulation. There have been many threads that spurred from the phenomenon when ladies were using opks for pregnancy test and were sure they got their bfp (I was one of them) because of the positive opk. It's just one of those weird things :wacko:

Same as pandi, my OPK's were often pretty dark right around AF. I stopped using them altogether because they were so misleading with me!

Thanks ladies :) I am definitely on my period, it is still very light but most definitely a period. I am on day 3 and my opk's are even darker, they look to be almost positive. Did your opk's stay this dark for the duration of your period?

My last cycle, I happened to take an opk the day before my period and the test line was nearly invisible.

There was no rhyme or reason to it for me. Sometimes it was more than one positive vs a one-off and every once in a while none....I'd say at this point if you were pregnant you'd test positive on an hcg test but since you are saying af has started it sounds like an extended lh surge which can happen. Google lh surge during period and read some of the threads on the various forums and you may feel a bit better about it...it's quite common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"