i just want one week....one measley week...

BrookieG

Mummy to Ollie
Reaction score
im so fed up...all i want is one week without something happening that has me stressed outta my mind. Every week there's something new that has me totally convinced something is wrong with the baby. When i got bloods taken i found out i wasnt immune to rubella/german measles so if i were to get a rash to get in contact with my gp or midwife. Thought nothing more of it, when was the last time you heard of someone having that?! Well that was until yesterday i developed a rash on both my forearms and along my jaw, its was incredibly itchy but again i thought nothing of it. Since i was 17 weeks yesterday i got out my ready steady baby book to see what bubs was up to this week n came across the bit about rubella, it said it can be dangerous n can cause deafness/blindness in your baby. So against all my better judgement i googled it to make sure my rash didnt look the same, then all i saw were the words miscarriage/stillbirth...of course panic mode ensued....ended up phoning nhs24 who said a doctor would fone me (which he didnt) woke up this morning n my cheeks are burning they are so itchy...the rash has spread to my cheeks now...have been advised to stay off work until i see my gp just incase its contageous...cant get an appointment until 4.50 so now i have to stay off work, boss is raging at me and im worrying about losing a day's wages. Phoned my mum upset n she thinks this is all just stress related...ive been dreading 17 weeks for ages for reasons i wont go into incase i worry or upset any other ladies but its a milestone i just want to be over so she could be right....again against my better judgement ive googled it and ive got a few symptoms, apparantly itchy legs without a rash or any explanation can be a symptom of stress...i get this every single night without fail...as can leg cramps(!) i had them on thursday night...the rash on the arms and face are another symptom of stress....BUT instead of calming me down that i wont have german measles now im totally stressed the effects my worrying are having on Bubs....im just really fed up...i think im on a roll coz ill have a good few days where everything is positive n im finally enjoying my pregnancy then BAM something happens n i turn into mrs paranoia....i tried horlicks last night to help me sleep, which it did but i still had nightmares, ive enquired about pregnancy yoga so that at least ill have one hour out the week where im relaxing and chilled but cant get on that till the 3rd week in feb....im just ranting now coz im feeling sorry for myself....i feel so lucky and so blessed to be pregnant again but just wish i could enjoy it...i want the innocence back... :( x

:hugs: Your mum is right, it's probably all stress related especially as you say you are coming up to a bad period. I hope today passes very quickly for you and your Dr is able to reassure you that everything is progressing as it should. Try to keep yourself busy. Easier said than done when you're under stress though. :flower:

oh brookie hun :( bless you! it's very normal given ur history to worry and convince yourself something is going to go wrong.....however, this is your time :)
im not really sure about the measles tbh, but maybe call ur dr's again and explain why u r coming and see if they can squeeze u in earlier....or call nhs direct again to see what they say, thats what they are there for.
if i was anywhere near you i would come and give you a big hug and take u out for lunch but this :hug: will have to do
let us know how u get on :)
xxxxxx

thanks girls, well my plan of a relaxing afternoon catching up on brothers n sisters turned into a disaster there's a storyline about premature birth n then one of the little ones dies....not very good choice of dvd on my part...im away to head to the doctors now...dunno what he can do like but maybe it'll put my mind at rest a little...thanks laura your a true friend...xxx

just want to give you some :hugs::hugs: hope the rash clears up and its nothing to worry about xxx

BrookieG I hope everything is ok. :hugs:

i no how horrible it is brooke, i really believe the rash is stress related or maybe some kind of alergy?? theres always something to stress me out aswell, when i convince myself im ok something else seems to happen, its never ending and its cruel, but i do it to myself. i hope your ok hun lots of hugs xxx

Just seen this thread - how did you get on hon?

I really hope that it is nothing to worry about. Every week I find myself something to worry about. I'm convinced something bad is going to happen. I know that no matter how much I say don't worry, it won't help. I know that I can't stop......

I just hope that things went ok at the doc.

Thinking of you and sending you big hugs :hugs:.

xxxxxxx

thanks girls you're all wonderful....well i went to the doctors n its definately NOT german measles so that chilled me out...it is however stress related...im just now really angry n upset with myself for being like this...if this is the reaction on me god knows what it doing to Bubs so as of today im gonna be Mrs PMA lol we'll see how long it lasts but i cant go on like this im gonna end up with a stressed n anxious child n wanna knock this on the head before Bubs is here so i can just enjoy being a mum...thanks for all your thoughts n words girls xxxx

good to hear- you've been in my thoughts. Good luck on that PMA, I know it is easier said than done, but it IS possible!

Cat
xxx

glad it's nothing too serious like the measels! i went to my dr yesterday as i was finding it hard to breathe and she said she thought it was anxiety :( but she did say she wasn't suprised as i have been thro so much in the last 2 yrs im bound to be stressed / worried.
so ur not the only one finding it hard huni.....i just keep telling myself that no matter what happens i cant change it, i have to relax and go with the flow and try to trust my body eeekkkk
:hugs: for you and i think a pregnancy massage is in order xx

glad it's nothing too serious like the measels! i went to my dr yesterday as i was finding it hard to breathe and she said she thought it was anxiety :( but she did say she wasn't suprised as i have been thro so much in the last 2 yrs im bound to be stressed / worried.
so ur not the only one finding it hard huni.....i just keep telling myself that no matter what happens i cant change it, i have to relax and go with the flow and try to trust my body eeekkkk
:hugs: for you and i think a pregnancy massage is in order xx

Hi BrookieG,

I am so pleased it is not german measles, please try not to be too hard on yourself for being stressed. It is so hard to drum up a PMA when you have been through lots like we have. I know most days I struggle with it too, its hard to believe that something will go well for us - but it will, it has too. x

Lauraperrysan - what fab advice. I feel a little bit more positive when I tell myself that no matter what happens I can't change it. I have had two cervical stitches put in, I just have to have faith that bubba will stay in there until I'm ready to meet him.

xxx

thanks girls, laura im so sorry your having a hard time too....just think we'll look back on this when we're playing with our beautiful little ones n laugh at ourselves!! see that PMA lol x

thanks girls you're all wonderful....well i went to the doctors n its definately NOT german measles so that chilled me out...it is however stress related...im just now really angry n upset with myself for being like this...if this is the reaction on me god knows what it doing to Bubs so as of today im gonna be Mrs PMA lol we'll see how long it lasts but i cant go on like this im gonna end up with a stressed n anxious child n wanna knock this on the head before Bubs is here so i can just enjoy being a mum...thanks for all your thoughts n words girls xxxx

I'm glad it all went well and hope you're taking some time out for you so you can concentrate of feeling less stressed. Bubs will be just fine. S/he is probably just hanging out, growing and probably enjoying putting mummy through it all. It's a taster of things to come when s/he is out in the world and getting up to all sorts of mischief. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->