I keep getting so depressed.. What is going on

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
When I was pregnant with my son my situation was horrible, his birth father became crazy and obsessive and started stalking me and I had to move and quit my job and I actually got together with an abusive ex because I didn't know where else to turn, and even with all of that I didn't feel as bad as I do on occasion now.

I am with a wonderful guy who wants this baby just as much as I do and he is amazing to me and is raising my son as his own and I couldn't ask for anything better, but the hormones! Ugh! One night I wouldn't let him go to sleep because I was crying that I thought he was going to leave me because of all of the crazy hormones and today I got so depressed about something ridiculous, I just wanted to dig a hole and crawl in I was so sad, I could feel the sadness deep in my heart and my arms, it was awful, and I just started crying and he told me he would do anything for me and he's here for me and he will support me no matter what and then I was okay for a minute and then he said something about our room always being messy and I just started crying so hard, I couldn't stop, I was a wreck.. what is wrong with me! Right now I feel fine but it happens daily, I can't stop it, do I need to talk to somebody about this? is it normal? It feels absurd.

I had depression troubles in my past as a preteen and teen but they've been long gone until this pregnancy all of a sudden reminded me how it feels :cry:

Please go and talk to a doctor, a friend of mine went down with pre natal depression very early pregnancy and hasn't been the same since, it continued into postnatal.
Even if you don't feel it's that bad it's always worth going to talk to someone and get some help.

Thank you, it's been awful, when it's bad it's really bad but right now I feel great, it's been an incredible roller coaster already and it's still new. I am scheduled to talk to somebody on the 18th to evaluate things, also wondering if knowing my baby is happy and healthy in there will help my mood (first scan last night) but I will make sure to talk to them, I've dealt with depression before and it's terrible, I have a very happy life now and I don't want anything getting in the way of that.

Let me know how you get on, sometimes sharing the problem can lift a weight off.

Sorry you're feeling this way. For some women pregnancy hormones can cause depression and anxiety.Glad you are going to talk to someone about it. Take care!

Thank you for the replies, sorry for the late response. interestingly enough since I got my scan showing a baby and a heartbeat I have not been depressed at all... moody still yes sometimes, but not depressed. maybe I was really just that afraid that something would be wrong? I feel so much better

Glad to hear your feeling better. I think a lot of mums to be start feeling down with worry the first trimester is by far the worst! Xx

Thank you, it's really a powerful feeling, I can't imagine having to deal with it alone. So glad I have my SO and you guys : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->