I knew i was right, weaning

Hey I've started (slowly) to wean Oscar too he's now nearly 18 weeks and has tried baby rice, sweet potato and carrot. He loves them all, but I have mixed a little of his milk in with all of them which he seems to like...just a thought. :)

Gonna try some banana, and pear over the next few days. And butternut squash :)

Can I ask how do people find it best to fit in with the milk feeds...do you do it at the same time, after, before? Sorry to ask In your thread op! :)

Fran has a bottle every 3hrs during the day and I give her solids about 1-1.5hrs after a bottle, so pretty much half way between. I tried giving it just before or after a feed and it didn't work so well as she was either too full of milk to eat solids or too full of solids to drink milk lol.

Thanks...that's what I'm finding too, ok will try that approach :) so how often is Fran having solids? Questions questions... :thumbup:

We started off with just breakfast but the very first day she wanted 11/12oz for her bedtime feed. This happened 3 days in a row and we figured it was more than just coincidence so we started to offer her a little bit at tea time as well. Sometimes she will take some but not always - depends on her mood lol.

I went on a weaning course at my local surestart centre and got some handouts. If you are interested I could copy them and post them out to you? They might tell you things you already know but I find them handy to refer to xx

Re: Petit Filous...

These are the ingredients in the strawberry ones:

Fromage Frais, Sugar, Water, Strawberry Purée From Concentrate (5%), Fructose, Colour: Concentrated Aronia Juice; Stabilisers: Pectin, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum; Calcium Phosphate, Modified Maize Starch, Flavourings, Acidity Regulator: Lactic Acid; Vitamin D.

This is the sugar content per 100 grams: 12.4g

That means that after fromage frais, processed sugar is the second most prevalent ingredient in them, then there is natural sugars from the strawberry puree, and then they add more sugar in the form of fructose. Out of 4 main ingredients, 3 of them are sugars of some kind.

In a 100g serving, there is over 3 teaspoons of sugar which is a lot for your wee ones!

It's best to look for yogurts that are only sweetened with the natural fruit mixed into it, and not with added sugar. If you have difficulty finding something like that, look for plain full fat yogurt and mix your own fruit purees into it!

Thanks hive, thatsvreaaly useful to know...blimey how much sugar???

Betty, that'd be brilliant if you wouldnt mind? Thank you :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"