I know I shouldn't have ... Tested at 6 weeks

Kmx

Reaction score
I havn't been feeling very pregnant so I thought I'd take a test just to see those reassuring lines again.

I have taken the test at 6 weeks 2 days and the test line is dark but still considerably lighter than the control.

Should I be worried?

I had a MC in sept around 6 weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 40
No. Pregnancy symptoms come and go. Enjoy being pregnant while they are gone. The pregnancy test is due to the rebound effect I believe the girls on here call it. Your homone levels are in the thousands. These tests don't tell you how high your levels are once they get to a point and the line can get lighter. Silly but seen it happen.

No hun I did the same thing when your further along you have to dilute your urine as your HCG will be ️well too high, I did exact same thing at 5 and half weeks so I decided to another test with a little water and the test line was amazingly darker than the control line Ill put a little pic up for you but that's all it will be hun just next time dilute your pee with a little water :) congratulations hun x

As the above pp said symptoms come and go they did with me all the time x

This picture is with diluted urine even I was gob smacked x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 43
Thanks for the responses. It's difficult to be reassured everything is ok after my MC. I just don't have many symptoms ever.. They are not coming and going they just don't come lol.

With my first pregnancy however I was the same - no real symptoms so I think maybe my body isn't as affected as other woman are. It can be annoying as I want that reassurance but I know I should be grateful really.

I have heard of the hook effect - when the hormones are too high - but I thought it didn't happen until later (8-9 weeks) just seems so early for that to be happening.

I am getting a private scan in 8 days so I will get the reassurance I need then hopefully!

I had THE worst progression with this pregnancy. I don't think my lines ever got darker than the control line. Then I started bleeding. I had no hope. But this little boy is stubborn and was just scaring the mess out of me! Ironically, I had great progression with my losses. Tests really tell you nothing other than you're pregnant! Hang in there! The first few weeks are the hardest! :hugs:

I know it's hard hun but try not too stress too much please do try another test and dilute I really didn't think at 5 weeks 5 days it was possible but it really is my line is super darker then control xx

So I tried diluting my urine about 70% urine 30% water and the line is exactly the same. Still dark but lighter than the control. Exact same strength of line as the test with the undiluted urine. Don't know what that means :/

I have no advice to offer,my mc had sloooow progression, but just wanted you to know I'm sending positive thoughts!

Thank you that means a lot. I was doing so well until yesterday. wasn't worrying wasnt even thinking about the pregnancy. Just yesterday thinking "I don't have any symptoms or feel pregnant!" And so decided to buy the test and now I'm worrying more.

Why do I do this to myself?!

here are the two tests for reference.

Both taken with the same urine. Top - urine. Bottom - urine and water.

IRL they look the same. After I took the photo I thought maybe the bottom looked darker so perhaps it is too much hormone.

It is a different test from my initial picture and in that on the test linne was considerably lighter than the control. These ones are still lighter but not as much as the other one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 22
Depending on what tests those are they may not be good for progression. I had cheap tests that were only fairly dark after FRERs maxed out. Unless you have symptoms of miscarriage I would just call the doctor and let them know you need an appointment for your peace of mind.

Thanks. The first test was superdrug and the last two were boots own brand. What confuses me is that I got my 3+ on clear blue super early (4+2) so my hormones must have been quite high early on. Which may support the hook effect theory but if my line isn't darker after diluting then I guess this doesn't support this theory?!

I will give the doctor a call and ask for a beta test. I did ask previously and they refused but hopefully they will do one to reassure me.

Yes it does look a tad darker maybe you could try a frer as that's what worked on my hook effect, please let me know what doctors say hun try get some rest xx

Well I got an appointment with the doctor this morning and I can honestly say it was the worst experience of my life.

I went in and explained and he simply advised to wait and see. Then he changed his mind and said he would Send me for a scan so he phoned the hospital and after being told he needed to refer on the computer system he then changed his mind as he didn't know how to use the computer system and asked to just send me for blood tests.

Then he went through to the next department for blood test and told my story completely wrong. He said I had a very faint positive. The person on the other line said "she's probably miscarried - ask her to test again in a week". Then I said no! It's not faintly pisitive it's postive just not as strong as control.

When he came off the phone he said "if you insist then just go to the EPU. And you did say it was faint positive!" Then I said no I said it was strong but lighter than control.

Anyway I've came home and taken a FRER (below) so don't think I'm going to bother going to wait at EPU for hours for a blood test as the test line is now darker than the control.

I came away crying it was awful. I've learned my lesson however and I will be stepping away from the tests and just try to enjoy it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 16
I'm sorry it was so bad. That doctor sounds awful! What an experience to go through when you're already worried!!!! I hope your bloods get done quickly. Also, if I'm not mistaken your test is darker than the control like?

Yes it was awful!

Thanks for your response.

Yes the test I done today was a lot darker than the control (previously it was lighter). I'm just going to take this test as proof that everything is ok & forget about the blood test unless I get any other symptoms. Otherwise I would need to go to the EPU and wait hours to be seen as he didn't tell them I was coming, just that if I insisted on getting my blood taken then to go to EPU.

Once I got home I took that test and decided not to go to EPU and to try to forget about the full experience and continue as if everything is ok as it was causing me more stress than anything else. If I get any physical symptoms then I will go but I'm trying not to worry about the tests anymore.

Sorry your doctor was a complete k**b excuse my language but what a lovely line :) congratulations again hun xx

Some people!
I started bleeding and went to the ER and before the doctor had even asked questions or touched me, he said I was miscarrying. They gave me a scan and found out I wasn't and there was no visual cause for the bleed. I was so upset and angry.

I don't know if this will help or not but I had a miscarriage last January and an ectopic December 2014. When I got pregnant with my son I felt the same way you did. No symptoms must mean no pregnancy or will soon be a new loss. Well I was wrong I never had symptoms so I refused to allow myself to get attached to the pregnancy. We went weekly for appts which included ultrasounds but I still didn't feel pregnant. I didn't feel pregnant until I could feel him move. I think you are on the right track. Relax and enjoy. And never go back to that doctor, poor bedside manner.nin my opinion of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->