I know I'm not alone...right? :)

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by AmorBebe, Jan 29, 2011.

1. AmorBebe

AmorBebe Well-Known Member

My husband & I have been TTC for 9 months to no avail. I have a fairly regular cycle (27/28 days). I'm on CD 31 and no AF. About 4 DPO I got the flu and am wondering if this could affect AF being late? AF has never been this late for me, but I have taken 3 HPTs and all were BFN's. I don't have any specific symptoms other than a constant dull nausea and I'm tired. But, these could also be symptoms of AF coming to0, I guess. I'm not here to find answers, necessarily, but support from others experiencing the same would be nice.

Thanks!

2. Leigh7

Leigh7 Well-Known Member

I don't know if the flu would make your af be late but last month I had the dull nausea,being tired and mood swings and it was bad pms. I know that doesn't help much but since you are late I am hoping that you will get the bfp soon!

3. AmorBebe

*Leigh7* Thanks for your response! I'm hoping for the BFP too! However, at this point I wouldn't mind if AF came either. I can't stand not knowing! So impatient!! :)

4. GettingBroody

GettingBroody 😊 Mum 😊

The flu wouldn't affect af if you had it after you'd already ovulated... If you were sick when you were due to ov however then it might have delayed things. Hope that helps. Good luck!

5. AmorBebe

OK...update. Went to the doctor this morning. She didn't want to do a blood test because I've been sick and she didn't want to 'take any more fluid' from me, however she did want to do a urine test, which she did and it came out negative. Now...if I've missed a period, how am I supposed to know when I ovulate again?? Help?

6. hendersoca

hendersoca Well-Known Member

I am so impatient too. As soon as I suspect anything I'm counting the hours until I can test, the hubby is the same way- He's always convinced I'm pregnant lol

7. Leigh7

Leigh7 Well-Known Member

There are ovulation kits (opk) to help pinpoint when you are about to ovulate based on LH surge. Try ordering online as it is cheaper than stores.

8. croydongirl

croydongirl Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know how frustrating that can be...all the waiting.
    I hope you get some answers soon. You could take some ovulation tests to see if you are ovulating, do you take you temp? The temp chart is the easiest way to see what's going on because you have a rise and then elevated temps until your period.
    I have really loved being able to have that information to see when I am feeling frustrated and impatient.
    I think I am ovulating today, but I have started to ov about 3 or 4 days later in my cycle since my miscarriage. I would not have known for sure but my temps have been a great relief to help me see whats going on.

Good luck, I hope you get your bfp. I know a lot of people who take a while after AF is late to get two lines on a hpt.

9. Rachael1981

Rachael1981 Proud Mummy to Isobel xx

OPK's and temping will help you to pinpoint your ovulation if you don't already do them.

10. AmorBebe

Thanks everyone! I've been temping and charting since April, so I've definitely got that down. According to my chart, I ovulated on day 13. Now I'm at day 33 usually start 27th or 28th day. Still no AF. Symptoms are very apparent, but I'm not sure what's causing them. I'm hungry, but so nauseous I can't eat, my breasts hurt, my temperature has been elevated, I have light fluttery cramps at night and am sleeping for 10-13 hours at a time. I can't figure it out. Doctor says neg & 4 hpts agree. So, what's with it?! I wish one or the other would happen soon. It's just so frustrating not knowing.

11. Rachael1981

Rachael1981 Proud Mummy to Isobel xx

Sounds like pregnancy, maybe you're just one of the few that take ages to get a :bfp:

Keep us updated!

12. harri

harri Well-Known Member

Hey!!! I'm in a similar boat to you! I got flu for a week earlier last month and I have a 29 day cycle and I've never had a problem! I'm a week late now but all BFNs so I think mine is definitely the flu messing with me, I wasn't charting at the time so I'm a little in the dark about my ovulation!
    I hope you get your bfp soon and I hope my af finally shows so I can get on with my first cycle TTC!!! Xx

13. AmorBebe

Ok, so I think having the flu just delayed ovulation because AF came this morning. I'm just thankful to know that's what's been going on with my body. I have answers to why I've been feeling so horrible!! Here's to trying again next month!! :) Best wishes to you all and fingers crossed for those BFPs!

14. harri

harri Well-Known Member

Good luck with your new cycle!!!! :-D glad everything is sorted now! Wish I knew what my body was doing! Xx