I know its been asked 1000 times before...

aley28

2 boys & a girl <3
Reaction score
But what do you think of my ideas to announce the pregnancy on Facebook?

Idea #1:
"Went in the other day to have a growth in my abdomen looked at. Doctor says it has a heartbeat and we can remove it in December! Until then, sounds like its just gonna get bigger. :)"

#2:
"I like ice cream. And I like pickles. But not until recently have I ever wanted to have the two of them together."

#3:
Post a picture of my growing bump and let people figure it out on their own. And/or add a Lilypie ticker to my page to see if anybody even notices it.

#4:
Plain ol' boring ol' announcement. Probably along the lines of, "Hey all! We're excited to announce that we'll be adding to our family at the start of December! Ethan is very excited to become a big brother!"

I'm thinking I'll do a combination of #2 and #3. Start with a new profile picture that makes my growing belly somewhat obvious, and a couple days later, put up the ice cream and pickles thing, and then a few days after that, add a ticker. :shrug:

What do ya'll think? I don't want to be too cryptic, but #4 is just boring and #1 seems... kind of weird. :haha: I thought it was clever when I thought of it, but that was a couple months ago and now it seems less clever and kind of creepy! :rofl:

#1 made me smile at the end of reading it but it does sound a bit 'in your face' at the start! lol

I like #3; I'm thinking of doing that too. That or just announcing something along the lines of my son becoming a big brother. Simple and kinda boring but is sure to get some positive comments. :)

Good luck with whatever you choose; either way everyone will be excited for you!! :D

Hehe... #1 is kinda 'in your face'. I could always get all dramatic about it first, and drag it out by a couple days before making the announcement. "Big doctor's appointment coming up. I've got some pressure going on in my lower abdomen that doesn't go away when I pee. I also found a lump. Very worried!!" Then a couple days later, "After a very thorough exam, my doctor said this is normal. We opted for an ultrasound to get a closer look, and it has a heartbeat and seems to be moving around. He said it'll come out on its own in December."

...I could fit right in with all the hypochondriacs on my friends list!! :rofl: It would be highly entertaining, but probably not necessary to make everybody as worried about me as I have been worried about the baby for the last two months! :rofl:

I'm really thinking I'll just go with #3 and let people figure it out on their own. Just make it a "non-secret", though if its like twins or something... then I'll probably just throw it out there. That'll be after the panic attack on the ultrasound table, and after throwing up in the parking lot... an update from my phone before driving home, "HOLY CRAP I'M HAVING TWINS."

I did think about going really sarcastic with it, since everybody I've told so far had figured it out because I complained once about feeling sick (seriously, just about everybody else complains several times a week about how sick or hurt they are, and I say one thing, one time and I'm assumed pregnant?!). I keep wanting to make everybody I know feel edgy for some reason... :rofl:

Part of me still isn't sure I want to announce it at all. So the picture of my bump is probably the best compromise to that. Hmm... Oh well. I still have like a week before I'll do anything. Scan in the morning though! Soooo nervous/excited! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->