I know this is silly but do you still worry once by the safe stage?

navarababe

Mummy To Brooke :-)
Reaction score
HI there everybody, Im expecting my first, im 20yrs old. Was at my first scan on monday and hankfully everything is going good, but does anyone worry once by that "12week safe stage" that somethings going to happen or is it just me being silly.

Would love to hear views from other ppl. Thanks all xx:hug:

I still worry. Everyone tells me not to but how can I not. I have had 10 pregnancies and 3 daughters. I don't worry like a freak though. The only time I worried too much with this pregnancy is the listeria outbreak here in canada at the same time I found out I was pregnant around.

I still worry to, and ill worry throughout the whole of my pregnancy. It's hard not to worry tbh, and i wont beleive anyone who tells me they don't,won't,or havn't worried.

Yeh im the same, i just feel worried and im just getting over a heavy cold and everytime i cough i get a wee pain at lower stomach, but doc said i may have just pulled a muscle. I still feel scared tho no matter what people say to me. xx

I worry too. Not as much as I did since the scan but still a bit.

Em x

Its normal to keep worrying, i think untill babys actually born there will still be things to worry about.
I bought a doppler to keep myself reassured when i feel i need it.

I know this is tottally off subject but how do i get that wee timer thing on my profile, as i cant seem to do it. xx

I still worry, Anything could go wrong at any moment

You go to a site that does them (click on one to get linked to a site) and make one up, then you need the bbcode and paste teh code into teh signature bit in your user cp

Hee hee I still worry even afte rthe baby is born. I dunno how many times I check to see if they are still breathing O,o

How do u check if they are still breathing etc? i cant wait till i get a bit bigger and feel baby moving around then ill know baby is ok. xxx

I still worry and im half way through lol .
Luckily the doppler does help with worry issues , I found the first 10 weeks the most worrying time . And its my third baby . So i guess it never gets and easier . But The positive things that happen by far out way the worry :) . xxx .

I sneak into where they are sleeping and check on them and watch to see if their chests are moving. I didn't mean the baby inside me.. I really want a doppler. I tried my crappy nursery one :( still no heartbeat but thats expected.

You will ALWAYS worry.

You'll worry until 12 weeks.

Then until your next scan at 20.

Then until you're 'viable' at 24 weeks.

Then until your term

Then until the birth

Then when they are babies

Then if they are sleeping/eating/moving/whatever in case of SIDS/cotdeath/chocking/etc

Then when they are kids

And then, when you're old you'll still worry about them coming home late when they're in their 30s, because that's what Mum's do. We worry.

So, IMO it isn't worth the stress. If something is going to happen then you cannot prevent it so don't ruin what you have but being stressed all the time. Relax, and try to enjoy motherhood.

i agree theres always been something to worry about so far hehe, i stopped worryin about miscarriage at 24 weeks but thats cos now im worried about labour haha

just try and relax babe

xxx

I still worry now but as someone said if something is going to happen there is nothing you can do to prevent it. I'm not as bad as I was but I still have days that get me panicky.

You will ALWAYS worry.

You'll worry until 12 weeks.

Then until your next scan at 20.

Then until you're 'viable' at 24 weeks.

Then until your term

Then until the birth

Then when they are babies

Then if they are sleeping/eating/moving/whatever in case of SIDS/cotdeath/chocking/etc

Then when they are kids

And then, when you're old you'll still worry about them coming home late when they're in their 30s, because that's what Mum's do. We worry.

So, IMO it isn't worth the stress. If something is going to happen then you cannot prevent it so don't ruin what you have but being stressed all the time. Relax, and try to enjoy motherhood.

Lol well said.

awww thanks all, you's are all kinda putting my mind at ease slightly, but seeing my lil one on that screen i cross my little fingers nothng happens xxx

When I had a threatened miscarriage (was fine after thank god) I asked the doctor when my baby was "safe." He said "when it's in your arms." So true!!

omg tho, that is so true, ive had a heavy cough and sometimes i cough that hard im scared incase its hurting baby :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->