I know we all say this but really my baby has a huge head!

jett

Reaction score
Just got back from my 28 week scan, and the baby's head is in the 93 percentile :dohh: I knew there was a chance she would be big as my twins two boys were both off the chart when they were born, but was hoping with a girl I might be lucky. her head was at the 88 percentile at 20 weeks so its not ever going the right way lol.

On a side note she's not turned head down yet, which I'm not worried about as she still has time but just wondered how many of your babys had not turned down by 28 weeks?

Just wanted to comiserate with you! I was told at 33w that my son's head is in the 95 percentile. I about cried! The sonographer did everything then the doc came in and was like "Hi I'm _____, who in your family has the big head" I was like WHAT?!?!! My husband realized it was his side and I was like NNNNOOOOOOOO!!! :)

oh crumbs! hubby had and still has a massive head. if i have to pop out a massive head through a tiny hole i think i will cry! lol

my little girls head is on the large side aswell which scares me a little as i struggled to give birth to a preemie last time (my son) :-/
her head circumferance was 299mm at 34+1 weeks and 331mm at 36+1 weeks :-/
also she weighed 6lb 8oz at my 36+1 week growth scan iom so scared she is going to be big i had majour problems squeezing my preemie son out had to have forceps withhim
oh well hey ho the docs must have faith in me because they have mentioned about me struggling to labour withthis one x

my dds head was off the chart when she she was born. The only annoyin thing was when i brought outfits with matchin hats. The hats where always to small. My bump went head down around 32 weeks

I'm doctor did try to help by saying well in a way it's good news as, once the heads out you should have no problem with the rest. lol, yay but I've got to GET the head out first! o_O

LOL my cousin's reassurance was the shoulders are the worst so the head being big will only help!

The doctor said their heads are meant to be molded and the bones are fused yet (which I knew, but I thought it was funny that she was trying to make me feel better!)

since all of you are due before me I will be watching out for your birth story's to see how you did :)

Yikes, that will make your eyes water, lol. But in all seriousness, the baby's skull does kind of squish itself a bit to aid delivery. My bubs has been down since 26 weeks, but that doesn't mean anything. My last DD turned back to breech as 32 weeks and that's where she stayed!! Good luck with the head xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->