I look awful :(

laila 44

Reaction score
Just had my baby girl Monday and she's our everything, perfect baby that sleeps her nights practically! I just can't get over how terrible I look. I'm so fat! I have rolls everywhere and gained 50 pounds. I'm a slim fit girl usually and this is getting me down. Same thing happenned with my first pregnancy and everything came off and more but I just feel soooo ugly, like hideous! I don't want my dh to catch me naked not even for a second. I know it will come off but it's going to be a long road and for the time being I can't even look in the mirror :( everything looks stretched, pulled and saggy. Does anyone have any kind advice? :(

I feel the same chick. I had an emcs and just look like sh!t almost 3 weeks later. I used to be slim and fit and now I look like i have had a v v v hard life!

I am moving house in a week and have a baby who eats every couple of hours day and night so the idea of working out if so far from my mind even though i know its the only way i can get my body back!

I feel the same...I had a c section a little over a week ago and look awful :nope: My stomach is all saggy and hangs down and I look all tired and worn out. DH hasn't said anything or even done anything to make me believe this, but I feel so disgusting I keep feeling like he looks at me and things I look gross...it's got me pretty down :nope:

I keep telling myself that I just had a baby and need to give my body time to heal and not only that but I had a c section so as far as exercise there's not much that can be done right now.

Exactly how I feel. I keep thinking my dh must be so grossed out just looking at me... He always tries to make me feel better And reassure me but I look in the mirror and bovine inconsolable. Yesterday I stepped out for an hr to run errands. Bad idea. I was sweating, pale and in pain from walking pulling on incision that I caught a glimpse of myself in a mall mirror and decided it was best if I stayed indoors for a while. Not wanting to be seen looking like this, that's for sure. It sucks. In my experience with my daughter I can tell you that it all does come off and we do go back to our initial bodies but its the fact that I need to be patient and just ride it out for now that sucks..

yeah i have been hiding indoors since having B almost 3 weeks ago. I have been out twice and I look like an arthetic old lady walking about as i have done by back in since my section. cant wait to feel like a yummy mummy haha....(trying to think positive!).

Oh and my oh just says you have s big of a tummy but its ok....thanks thats lovely!

Lol! It's normal. It takes time but it does come off :)

Come on girls, don't give yourself such a hard time. I felt like that for a few months after my c section and over two years on. My body has improved alot. Just give yourself some time. C section are quite exhausting on the body. :hugs:

Be kind to yourselves ladies :hugs: you've all just done the most amazing thing the human body can do x

It is mainly water retention and some fat stores, which your body has built up ready for feeding your LO after birth... your body is completely amazing! :thumbup:

felt the same, I was given so many iv fluids over days ( while not being able to get out of bed) my legs looked like that of a 400 lb woman! When I was discharged after an emergency c section my tummy still looked 9 months and was swollen as well. Trust me, I cried often and hated looking in the mirror, dh tried to console me by saying it was temporary but I knew he was put off by my appearance ( maybe?). But now 2 wks pp the fluids are gone and I am 5 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight ( with the post c section tummy and uterus needs to go back though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->