• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I love bf... But I am so sick of being hungry all day I have thought about quitting!

holdontohope

Reaction score
Ugh!!!!!!!

When will this breastfeeding appetite settle down!? I am so sick of eating all day and being constantly hungry. It's ridiculous the amount of food I can consume and not feel sick. Peanut butter is my craving all day long! It can't be good to eat 1/2 cup of peanut butter a day!! I think I am craving protein maybe.

I have considered quitting because I don't like thinking about eating all day! And I feel like bf is taking everything out of me! Plus LO has a sensitive tummy so I can't eat dairy :( I still feel like my body belongs to her, even though she is not in my belly anymore lol

Anyone else feel this way??

Idk as i dont have a big appetite but omg.. she wont stop eating!! she wants it constantly and its killing my boobs! she uses it as a pacifier..

I kinda love the fact I can eat all day and still lose weight! I put on heaps during pregnancy and 11 months later it all gone plus some extra. I'm eating chocolate right now! :lol:

I know what you mean about feeling like it takes a lot out of you though - I don't have the energy I used to have and I've been battling things like dry skin and not recovering from colds as quickly. It's worth it though - it does get easier when they're older. Hang in there mama! Just try to eat healthy options and you'll be just fine. :)

I know how u feel!! Carbs carbs and carbs! Anything to keep u full and release energy. Keep snacks near your bed/sofa while u feed. And always have a bottle of water to hand!

I would disagree on the carbs, they just turn to sugar in your body and it's quick energy that is gone in a flash and leaves you starving for more. Cause a blood sugar spike which triggers an insulin response...not the best.

You need fat. Fat satiates, and provides long lasting energy. It is also good for nice, creamy, fatty milk, which is good for brain development.

I eat plenty of fat, I'm losing weight, and I am not hardly ever hungry anymore.

I would disagree on the carbs, they just turn to sugar in your body and it's quick energy that is gone in a flash and leaves you starving for more. Cause a blood sugar spike which triggers an insulin response...not the best.

You need fat. Fat satiates, and provides long lasting energy. It is also good for nice, creamy, fatty milk, which is good for brain development.

I eat plenty of fat, I'm losing weight, and I am not hardly ever hungry anymore.

Nope not all carbs are bad. I do agree about the fat tho.

Lol I am the same way, except I am hungry but have no appetite so i just grab the first thing in the fridge and eat it. Nothing is appealing. Now that I know about the fats, will try to nom that. Love the weight loss, ive lost 26lbs over 2 weeks 13 to go and I'm at pre pregnancy weight, yay for breastfeeding

Nope not all carbs are bad. I do agree about the fat tho.

I never said they were bad, I said they turned to glucose in the body. Which carbs do not turn to glucose?

The first few months, I was hungry all.the.time... It evens out in the long run!
I remember thinking at first, that I had more cravings and was hungrier while breastfeeding than when pregnant!
I would say the feeling ended when LO started eating solids. (roughly 6mo)

Hang in there!

Hi, I had the same problem and 11 months later it's much better. But to satisfy your appetite you need a high protein diet and try eating 4 meals a day. I used to eat a bowl of cereal when I got up and then eggs and toast mid morning. Sandwich for lunch then either a snack afternoon and dinner or early dinner about 5pm then something like rice pudding or a filling pudding and custard around 8pm. This was all in between lactation cookies, chocolate, fruit, cereal bars!!! And now 11 months on I still lost all the pregnancy weight and then some!! Keep at it as it's worth it but you just have to up your calorie intake with the right kinds of foods. Good luck!

What kinds of fats?

What kinds of fats?

I get a lot of saturated..Animal fat mostly, and nut fat. Not seed fat. Coconut oil as opposed to soybean. I put butter on lots of things, real cream in coffee, etc.

I don't know that I would blame the problem just on breastfeeding. There are a lot of hormonal changes that happen after you have a baby that can cause an appetite increase whether you're breastfeeding or not. I agree that staying hydrated and getting a well-balanced diet are especially important while nursing though (healthy fats, protein, complex carbs, etc). I was also extra hungry in the early months but the issue faded with time. If weight is your concern, keep in mind that breastfeeding actually burns a lot of calories, especially in the beginning.

As for not having ownership of your body, I totally understand what you mean, but soon your LO won't be feeding as often and you'll be able to regain some of your autonomy. Hang in there.

My baby is 4 months old and I crave protein a lot. Enough that I realized it... because we eat steaks often now and didn't use to... and I found I want the steak rare when I didn't like it that way before! Also doing smoothies with greek yogurt and pb for protein too. The red meat cravings may mean my body is wanting iron. I say definitely give into most cravings because yeah body may be trying to tell you something... avocado and olive oil are some good fats...

Yes, hungry mama here too!
For me the first 2 months were tough, I was hungry and thirsty a lot and because we didn't expect this situation and we didn't have a plan.
Well surprise surprise I had to eat all day and there wasn't any food around! I was saved by bananas and muesli, they are ready to eat immediately and don't need cooking. I add a spoonful of tahini in my muesli for the good fats and calcium.

Now my hunger is getting better but I still need a lot of food.
I've lost almost all my pregnancy weight (I gained 20 kilos)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"