I love my cat!

mrsb2010

Mummy to a little ladybug
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying how we'll forget about our cat once baby is here! Awww what an awful thing to say. We LOVE our cat to bits and he loves us. Ha ha. He sleeps with us every night and we're worried how he'll take to not being allowed in the room when baby is here! Lol. We keep saying "ok tonight we keep the door shut" but we just can't do it to him!! Bless him. Xx

I could never forget about my kitty! We adore her cause she really is like a lil person. She has just been diagnosed with lymphoma and we are completely out of our minds with worry. She is having chemo which means I have to be a lil careful around her for a few days after each treatment but we will do all we can to give her a chance! Anyway, I don't think that one love can replace the other.

Good for you! My friend has just ha a baby and wants to re home her cat because it's oo needy!! (wasn't too needy before baby!) drives me mad!!

Between mum and I, where I spend my days we have 7 horses, 4 cats and 5 dogs and none of them are going anywhere. Everyone asks how we'll cope... Well we will. Baby is gonna have to tag along and be a animal lover!! ;)

:) yey for animals!!

I think that it is really important for kiddies to grow up with animals!! I have 2 horses, 3 cats and 1 dog!! Yes they don't get the amount of attention they used to but they are still all loved to bits. And DD is up enough that she gives the cats and dog loads of cuddles too though the cats aren't always too happy about it lol.

We did evict our cats from the bedrooms in preparation for DD coming though. It is important to be careful!! one of my cats used to want to curl up on DD's feet in the moses basket which isn't good and would be a nightmare if it happened during the night. Its better to get them used to having their range changed in plenty of time before LO is here.

We have 2 cats and a labrador and they were my babies before molly was born now they are my furbabies! Lol. We did have to introduce new rules for all 3. E.g no animals to sleep same room as baby when baby is alone or its night time. Lulu (the lab) had to learn she was no longer allowed on the sofa (we introduced that before baby was born to stop association with baby). Molly will be 1 next sunday and she ADORES the furbabies! We've had to devise a little nook for bob panther (cat) as he's a little bugger and is nice one minute and nasty the next and has always been like that but he has got molly a couple of times now once too close to her eye for my liking so he's not allowed full rien of the house at the moment until molly is old enough to understnad he is a naughty pusscat!

I definitely agree that kids should be around animals. DH says he is looking forward to introducing her to the cat! We've given ourselves a deadline of new year to start getting him to sleep elsewhere. I'm so sad thinking about it!! Lol. But we can't have him in the same room as her over night. When she goes into her nursery he can come back in with us!

Yay for our lovely furbabies! Xx

I have two dogs - one is very needy (he has been spoilt this year as was seriously ill and it was touch and go for awhile!) but i would never re-home them - just need to put ground rules in place!
My DH is more worried about my rabbits and guinea pigs! i think this is mainly going out to fed them when its icy/snowy and he's worried i'm going to slip!

I have three cats and wouldn't dream of getting rid of them. It annoys me when people say "sooo, what are you going to do with your cats?" errrrr, nothing! It's the same when people come round to visit and say to me "can you move your cat, I don't like them." response is no this is their house not yours.

I can't wait for my little one to meet them, if he's anything like mummy and daddy he'll be a complete animal lover :)

No one has to get rid of pets when you have kids, I know I was told by parents I was to get rid of all mine but I never did. I love my pets. My fav cat went missing on me 4 months ago and I still weep for her so getting rid was never an option. My other cat still here she loves the kids and they love her. And dog gets treats from william. Dont worry when they get older the cat will be chased about and get loads of attention again from them.

I have absolutely no intention of getting rid of my cats when baby gets here. They are my babies too. I'd feel like I was ripping my arms off if I had to get rid of them. I will need to keep an eye on our ginger male more than our other cat because he can be a bit temperamental, but even so they're just as much part of my family as baby will be.

I could never even think of parting with my kitties once LO gets here. Hence my user name ---charleos girl cause they own me,lol

I have two cats: Sabrina (hence the name!), who is 11 and her daughter, Daphne, who is 10 -- completely different personalities and both great kitties -- the little one sleeps on my bed and I have told her that she will continue to sleep on the bed, unless baby is in the room, but she just yawned and went back to sleep, so I don't think she'll mind the baby; Sabrina is so laid-back and relaxed, nothing bothers her....

I love my girls and hope that the little one loves his big sisters, too!

best wishes

Does my head in when people assume we are going to have a problem with our cats when baby comes. Why should it be any different? They don't sleep in our room at night anyway, so why would we need to rehome them all of a sudden. Really makes me angry tbh! Also hate all the urban legends people believe in, such as a cat will suck out a babies breath? WTF? I'm sorry, but anyone who is going to listen to rubbish like this is a real panic-monger in my opinion!
I too think it's important for kids to grow up around animals, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

I have two cats, I love them to death but they're both scratchers! I've tried a good amount of things to try to get them to stop, but it hasn't worked. So we've decided we're getting them declawed before baby is born, which upsets me, but I understand. :cry:

My boy cat is super cuddly, and will sleep all nuzzled up between us every night. My girl cat is much more independent and likes to keep to herself, she's my biggest concern claw-wise, but I could still never get rid of her.

My MIL has mentioned issues that could arise with my pets and how I "always have a place to take them" (her house)... but I have two cats and a puggle. One of my cats is VERY smart, he sleeps in a cabinet of all places, but he's still friendly. The other loves EVERYONE, so I doubt they'll cause issues. The dog loves babies, I used to babysit for a friend when her baby was young and Acer would sit there and let the baby tug on his ears and tail all day. I think my furbabies will LOVE the baby, and I'm going to make sure they still all get some attention. The cats don't need a whole lot, but the dog loves to cuddle. Honestly, I feel like my dog is going to be the one that forgets about ME and starts paying all of his attention to the baby :(...But I'll be very happy if they do get along that well.

my kitty kia is 2 iv had her since she was born i help deliver her and noway on this planet could i get rid of her . iv had the odd coments abt oh what u going to do with the cat . ermm nothing . when i got to work away she comes with me all the time shes my baby :flower:

I absolutely love my cat and I have two kids already but my cat is different I love her in a different way..I don't allow her in my bedroom because I am a bit allergic to her so I don't want the bed to cause me problems too but I lay with her on the couch till I can't open my eyes anymore.
AngelUK- Im so sorry to hear about your kitty's illness I hope she gets better very soon

My mum says that the first day that she bought my sister home from the hospital, her cat sat by the side of the car seat and peeked adoringly at her for a good hour while she slept. He was a perfect gentlecat and loved both of us as kids.

My cat that I've had since I was 7 died earlier this year and I miss him every day, it really breaks my heart to hear of people willingly getting rid of their pets :cry: they're family too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->