I love peanut butter :(

Janisdkh

Reaction score
Gosh I hate the internet LOL

https://cbs4denver.com/health/peanut.butter.asthma.2.772073.html

That plus allergies.. Lovely

I"m allergic, so i don't have to worry... thats kind of scary though...

I am being tested for asthma as soon as my doctor gets back. I suppsedly only get flare ups a few motnsh out of the year so I guess mine is an allergie kinda? But well maybe I should stay away just in case

Once again one more study about crap us pregnant women can't eat! I'm sooo sick reading stories about things we can't eat. It's amazing how our parents and grandparents were eating everything and even smoking while pregnant and yet we all turned out fine!
It's to the point where I eat what I want when I want! I asked my midwife about all these stories and even she said if you don't have any health risks and no family history of these problems it's not an issue at all. For someone like me who has lost my appetite completely and can barely eat during my pregnancy, my MW said if all I can all day long everyday is peanut butter then so be, it's better then not eating anything at all!
I wonder in 25 years what pregnant women will be eating because it seems as tho everyday there is one more thing to add to the NO YOU CAN'T EAT THAT STAY AWAY FROM IT list!!

I do love peanut butter, but with a hubby who's severely asthmatic and me who has quite bad allergies, we figured that a few months without eating peanut butter was better than tempting fate. :blush:

I do get frustrated by the lists and lists of DO NOTS that are there for us pregnant women though...

I'm asthmatic, and for my first pregnancy I was really good: completely avoided peanut butter... Then I read you're supposed to avoid it when you're breastfeeding too. I fed both my kids until they were 2. In the end I'm afraid I gave in and ate peanut butter. This pregnancy I have been too. I am a very naughty girl... Mind you, my GP told me his wife was completely addicted to stilton and prawns when she was pregnant!! At least I'm not a drug addict or something: there are worse things!!! xxx

I love peanuts but as OH has allergies we have been recommended that i should avoid it during pregnancy.

Health of baby is more important than peanuts for 9 months, i havent missed them so far.

I miss wine more lol xxx

My doctor only told me to make sure I was getting enough calcium and all my veggies, and that I should avoid raw/deep sea fish. Which suits me just fine.

I know right. Too much info on the net for us ladies. It just makes us go mad! I ate peanut butter quite a few times already and I hate the fact that that link made me feel oh so guilty. COnsidering my asthma possibility I think I will stay away just in case. I am going to talk to my doc about it

I have asthma and there are allergies in my family and I ate peanut butter daily - mulitiple times lol - with my son, and am eating it with this one. The doc last time told me there is NOTHING conclusive. It's just a study. They can't prove that it actually causes peanut allergies etc. She also said if you look hard enough you can find a study proving everything :p

Omg more stuff we can't eat, for me it's ok as i don't eat peanut butter but between me and you i do still eat liver and pate and i love it, with my son i was a very good girl and ate none of the naughty things and he is asthmatic and i needed a blood transfusion as my iron levels were so low and they couldn't get them up for love nor money, now yep i'm eatin liver etc ( in moderation) and my iron levels are amazing, i told my mw that i'm not sticking to the wonderful to eat list and she said it was only findings and not set in stone plus when i had my first child many moons ago i was told to eat liver and she's fine. I never know what to listen to so i take everyones advise and then listen to myself.:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->