I made it out today :)

loopy_lou

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We have had about 3 inches of snow here although some of this has melted in the front of the house so only about an inch of ice outside this morning.

6.30am this morning husband was defrosting my car for me left at 7.15 and made it to the hospital normally an hour away at 9.15 for my hospital appointment (glucose tolerance test). The roads were not 2 bad once you got off the local roads.

The problem came when i parked (park and ride with shuttle bus to the hospital) nothing was gritted :( Got to the hospital and the paths were not gritted so gingerly made my way to the hospital.

Straight into clinic sleeve up and 1st blood test given the most disgusting drink ever in fact they put lemon juice in to make it taste better :wacko:

An hour later next lot of blood test and i though great i can eat something now, but no had to wait another hour :(

Problem was the other lady who was having the tests about 20 min after the 2nd blood test collapsed so they had to sort her out and it ment i was late having my next lot of tests. Baby kicking now saying feed me :shrug:

Had the 3rd lot of tests arms aching and find the cafe was closed decided that i would go for the bus and eat at the park and ride. So gingerly got myself out to the bus stop and after only a 10 min wait on -1 the bus came and we sat in traffic for 40 min. Got to the park and ride grabbed a cup of tea and a packet of crisps (salt) and a chocolate bar (suger) and headed to the car carefully and had the food while my car warmed up.

Got home 1.15pm via petrol station as all i wanted on the way home was more chocolate so when i got home made me something hot to eat and had a pint of water and then opened the giant buttons to celebrate getting there and back in one piece :happydance:

We got about another 2cm of snow tonight and more forecast have done a final christmas food shopping list and going to get husband to get the last bit of the shopping to save me having to go out tomorrow on his way home. Then its just the butchers wednesday i have a friend picking up my ham and turkey and driving it over to me ( i am very lucky).

Loopy

Glad you got there and back in one piece hun, not so good about the 3rd lot of bloods tho x

thanks Mize i was thrilled i made it although got 2 nice bruised arms to show for my efforts and the midwife has not called which means good news as the results were not bad :)

i have to wait till probably after christmas for my results from my gtt test and we only get 2 sets of bloods done not three here it did take me most of the day and i had DS with me which wasnt fun im still stiff and sore from the slip i took on the way home and it was yesterday so going to have a hot bath later when DH is home to help me get out of it again

yes i know what you mean i have to get husband to help me as well.

I will cross anything i can still cross that your results come back ok :)

Hope your not feeling so stiff tomorrow although its possible the bath will bring the stiff ness out so make sure you have a hot water bottle handy :)

We have 3 lots of blood taken here too, I've got my third GTT on 29/12, wasn't too worried but had glucose in my wee at my mw appointment today - first time I've had that so not looking too good, bummer x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->