I may be a geek but Ithought it was funny :)

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
Brian was stuffing a load of melon yesterday and MIL commented on how he loves his melon to which I replied "well mellon is his friend"

OH just groaned with his head in his hand (hes just as much a geek but has no sense of humour) :) MIL just looked at me blankly.

So come on admit it who else is a geek and gets it? :)

Come on dont make me the only geek :)

I suppose youd only get it if youv seen or read lord of the rings

I think it's hilarious. But then again, I read LOTR for the first time hen I was 10.

I think it's hilarious. But then again, I read LOTR for the first time hen I was 10.

Thank you, I got picked on for reading it in school so young, glad im not the only one. :)

Did you read silmarillion as well? that was another one that even the teachers poked fun of and said there was no way I could understand it.

No that's not one I read :( My dad just had the Hobbit and LOTR and I read his. My school library at that time obviously didn't have any of the books lol. Not sure why I never got around to reading it after that though.

Sorry ill explain it, Mellon is elvish for friend, gandalf says it to enter the mines of moria.
Doesnt seem as funny now though :)

I love lotr, haven't read it in a while though, so didn't get it. I liked the silmarillion, though a bit hard going! The new tales of Hurin by Christopher Tolkien is good though.

oh i didnt get it even though ive read and seen LOTR :dohh:

:nope: never read it or seen the films - completely lost on me I'm afraid.

I got it, I got it (before you explained it) :smug:

For the record, I also laughed. I think it was funny! Very quick-witted too :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->