I miss sleeping

Ambivalent

Reaction score
Anybody else really uncomfortable? I mean, like properly grumpy from not sleeping? Is all of third tri going to be full of broken sleep, tossing and turning and random aches and pains when you lie down?

I have been doing more prenatal yoga and pilates in the hope that it would help, but no luck. Any tips, trick or experiences to share?

I think it is going to be unfortunately :(

I am not grumpy yet from the lack of sleep, just more emotional (like I feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat!). Def sick of sleeping on my side & waking several times a night & waking at 5am & not being able to get back to sleep. Also sick of the super sore back & neck I have...but it is a means to an end, I know broken sleep will still be happening when baby comes, but at least I will be able to sleep on my tummy again!

ohh yeah! i feel you sista! i am soo done with the lack of sleep and not being able to get comfy and then just when you think you are getting an hour or so - BOOM!! bubs decides to give a massive kick on the ribs or bladder to let you know its still in there or your bladder needs emptying

i cry easily too - been that way through pregnancy and get so sore!

MIL told me to keep tossing and turning at night - espeically as midwife told me bubs is transverse -if i get used to keeping it moving - it will go head down sooner and should be feeling comfy now - so i see it as payback :evillaugh:

I must wake at least 5 or 6 times a night, and a couple of those wake up times I cannot get back to sleep, for about 30 mins or so, it's doing my head in. Im very very grumpy, I don't want to go out and do anything, or see anyone. I am officially grumpy cat!! lol

Do you have a maternity pillow? I use the Dream genii and its excellent...admittedly i dont get any sleep now but my bump is huge now so thats the main reason as baby is also taking up so much space its hard to get comfy for more than an hour or so :dohh:. BUT i found it really made a massive difference through the second and most of the third tri and when i do get to sleep its always with the support of my beloved pillow LOL :thumbup:

I missing sleeping too. I'm in the spare bedroom at the moment because I keep the husband awake and I prefere the other mattress. I normally get about 3hrs straight, from about 1030-0130... After that, I'm on and off sleeping until I get up. :-(

I wake up breathless and can't sleep, too hot, hot feet, baby kicks, aches and grumbles.... I'm getting really pissy with it all now!

same boat no suggestions other than when you wake up all the time, if I go walk around the house versus getting worked up not sleeping it seems to help and I drink a small cup of milk. It KIND OF helps....but then the milk makes me have to pee an hour later so there we go again! :haha:

I wake up too early.. To sleep at 11 pm, awake at 5. And not tired ! :/

I sooooo miss sleeping on my tummy :( I'm an exclusive belly sleeper so its been very rough. My sides and legs fall asleep when I sleep on my side. Ugh! 4 weeks or less of it left!

Lack of sleep is my biggest complaint in 3rd tri. It takes forever to fall asleep and then I wake up wide awake around 2am. I'm lucky to already be on maternity leave as I could not function teaching 24 kindrgarteners on a few hrs of sleep.
My doctor said I could try unisom, as it can cause drowsiness, however it has not proved helpful.
My bump is so uncomfortable at night and hips, groin area and back are all achey and it hurts to switch sides. I used to be a majority tummy sleeper so this has been extra hard to do.
Anyway I feel your pain and wish there was some sure fire way that we could just sleep through the night!!!!!

At least it is not just me, but I am sorry you are all having trouble too. I wedge myself in between two big pillows to stop me from rolling on to belly or back, but that just makes it harder to get up in the middle of the night.
A friend keeps saying it is good practice for when baby comes, but I would have thought it would be better getting all the sleep you can while you can.

Don't get me started on the crying.. I have had to stop watching the news because it is too upsetting :(

Im only 28 weeks, but have been diagnosed with SPD, and sleeping is miserable. IF I can get comfortable, im still up peeing at least every 75 minutes during the night, and everytime I switch sides baby wakes up for a bit and starts beating me up lol its frustrating. The SPD just makes getting up and turning over painful :(

And I can't believe I have like twelve weeks left! Im confident ill sleep better after baby is born. DD slept nearly through the night from day one.

I am such a light sleeper now that I am so big. I toss and turn normally but now its so much of am effort to roll over I pretty much wake up every time I roll :/

And on top of the discomfort now I realize all the ANNOYING sleeping quirks OH has that I never noticed before bc I just sleot through it.
He snores. And if I poke him/nudge him to stop he either only stops for 5 min or snaps at me saying "well wtf do u want me to do!" or "well soorrryyy" or my favorite "its not me!!" Lol
He steals the covers
He rocks side to side
Ita awful I slept on the couch last night

What is SPD? Sorry you are having such a rough time of it. I am also 28 weeks and can't believe there is still so much time left - I feel ready for him to come now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->