I nearly just passed out....:o(

Natalie&Karl

Reaction score
Hey,

I was just on my way into work and my train (which is only one stop but usually takes about 7 minutes)...had delays, so i was stood up for about 1 5minutes.

As the train pulled into Baker Street all my hearing went, and everything turned blury and white, i could barely see myself stepping off the train and felt as thogh i was gonna vomit.

I was terrified, i knew i was gonna pass out so i went and sat on a bench in the station....

Finally made it to work and my head is spinning and i feel sick.

Oh and i've got my first scan today! At 1.00pm.

Why do you think this happened to me? IS it common? :cry:

I think it is a common thing to happen during pregnancy, it happened to my sis in law alot when she was pg.

Good luck at your scan!

I did it on the bus once or twice. Take care, learn to recognise the symptoms and don't be scared to ask for help!

Good luck with the scan xxxx

Thinks thats my problem - i'm so bloody passive.
I knew something was happening and i was thinking 'shit' - should i tell someone i think i'm about to faint.

I just rang my boyfriend as soon as i sat down instead.

Never, ever had anything happen like that happen to me before - it's really scary.

I know it's scary. I just used to splutter 'I'm pregnant' before I fell!

I'm sure even in London you'd be surprised how people step up to help. All you can do is make sure you've eaten, carry water and try and sit wherever possible, even if it means shoving people up and telling them why you don't feel well!

You should make sure in future someone gives you their seat. I would ask them but then I am a cheeky cow! :wink:

Hi

It is pretty common, I have a real problem with Boots (the shop not the footwear :lol: ), I've had two real woozy situations standing in the queues. It's so warm in there and the perfume smells so strong (particularly to my newly sensitive nose) that it just makes me go.

When my midwife took my blood pressure afterwards (a few weeks later) she said it was slightly low and that could account for it. It's back to normal, but I find if I haven't eaten or I'm tired that I can feel a bit light-headed.

Good luck with the scan today. Hope all goes well.

H

xx

Hi babe,

It is very common for this to happen, it was a huge problem for me to start with...........

Try not to stand for too long, or sit in a hot place , this really does make you start to feel faint as your blood slows down (the circulation) as you have more blood due to the pregnancy, it is something like that, my Doctor explained it at the time :lol:

Just take it easy babe :hugs: x

Thanks girls, managed to make it to work ok today - had a banana and some water before i left!

xxx

hi hun inmy last pregnancy i remember that i used to feel dizzy quite sick and was very sleepy also sometimes short of breath found out in a blood test that my iron was low and had to take iron tabs and eat food with plenty of iron. When you go to see your midwife mention it to her as next time see what she says

spunky xx

Hi

Happened to me twoce so far and i fell down our stairs over the baby gate, thank god i didnt have Kiara in my arms.
Like others say carry water and sit immedietly when you feel like this ((HUG)) Have a good scan today
Katrina

oh honey it is scary...i get it sometimes and have been getting it more in work at the moment as it is so warm for me...dont be shy, tell people you need a seat...get your bp checked too, i have low bp and that makes it worse for you bxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->