I need a little advice...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by griffinh, Apr 27, 2009.

1. griffinh

griffinh Guest

Hey!

So for 9 years I have had the most regular 28 day cycle.

Last period started 22nd March, and so far am still waiting for next one.. I was due 19th April so am 8 days late now, and have never been late before. For the past couple weeks I've been dizzy (I thought I had vertigo at one point!) and nauseous because of feeling dizzy, I've been extremely tired too.

I took a test at 5 days late and that was :bfn: but when I spoke to my mum about it, she said I was the result of 3 :bfn: tests!!! So far not feeling anything remotely resembling a period coming on except a little cramping.

I have only used condoms, and a couple times withdrew. How likely is it that I am pregnant?

Thanks Ladies! :hug:

2. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

You can get false negative tests.

My first signs of being pregnant were dizziness and tiredness and needing to pee more often than usual.

It's possible, esp if the withdrawal times were mid cycle, this is when you are most likely to ovulate and therefore most likely to get pregnant.

3. griffinh

griffinh Guest

See I pee a lot anyway lol so I wouldn't have thought that meant anything.

I don't chart when I ovulate or anything like that, this would be a ''surprise'' if I turn out pregnant.

I am going to get another test today after work, but I wonder if it isn't still a little early to test? I will be really confused if its still :bfn: purely because then it'll be a case of where the heck is my period!!!!

4. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

That's exactly how this Lil Bean was conceived!

5. griffinh

griffinh Guest

was more a case of him starting off, then stopping midway and grabbing condom... i know i know, stupid thing to do but everyone has ''heat of the moment'' moments!

But if it is another :bfn: tomorrow, then where the heck is my period?!!

6. puppycat

puppycat Mum & PAL

Oh it's so frustrating being late and getting BFN's!!

The more you stress the later it'll be too!

Try not to worry, I know that's easier said than done but if you have any worries go to the GP and get them to do bloods x

7. griffinh

griffinh Guest

Yeah - my lower belly is cramping slightly as if I'm about to come on, but even in normal circumstances I never had cramps when getting period!

Then I read online about it being a possibility of early pregnancy lol. Team that with 9 days late, dizziness, excessive tiredness, slight thrush and headaches, and it looks like I should be expecting a BFP!!!

XxX

8. puppycat

puppycat Mum & PAL

The thing is pregnancy symptoms mimick those of a period anyway so nothing that anyone on her esays will be definitive.

Ask any of the girls on here and they'll tell you that there were months when they were ttc where they would have SWORN the were pg but it wasn't to be.

For me, the month I conceived I had no symptoms, which was what made me wonder.

The only way of getting a 100% answer is to go get checked out or wait it out.

It is frustrating but summising may just be more painful in the long run if you work yourself up and then get your period later on.

9. griffinh

griffinh Guest

I get what your saying. It's only frustrating because I'm not actively TTC - this would be a ''surprise package'' lol

But in 9 years, I have never had a cycle longer than 28 days, and I'm now on day 36! I'm not stressed, I've only been a little sick because I thought I was suffering vertigo cos of how dizzy I've been for 2 weeks. Sigh. Lol
    xxx

10. puppycat

puppycat Mum & PAL

Do you mind me asking how old you are?

If you're nearing the menopause I know that can play havoc with cycle lengths or if you have had a lot of stress in the last few weeks?

11. griffinh

griffinh Guest

I'm 21 next Friday lol. Have had periods for 9 years and have never been late. Ever. lol

I can forgive 2 days late as thats normal, but 9 days? With all the symptoms? Hmm... xxx

12. CharlieP

CharlieP Mum to Charlie

Hi - my advice would be that no one has a regular period... anything can change the timings... perhaps you worrying about it not coming is stopping it... you'd be surprised about the amount of people who ovulated either a lot earlier or later than they thought they did when they go their BFP even if they swore blind their periods were as regular as clockwork... the only thing you can really rely on is the timing between ovulation and the next period, not the timings between first period and ovulation, so it can vary wildly - even if you have been regular for as long as you can remember!

I reckon test again and see how you go...and try to relax a little bit (easier said than done I know!)

Good luck... I hope you get the result you want. x

13. griffinh

griffinh Guest

i agree, except im not worrying about it not coming, id just like to know either way lol

ill test again tomorrow morning FMU and then go from there. my mum reckons im pregnant (she had 5 of us lol) and even im getting this sense, but i dont know if its real or me trying to convince myself.x