I Need Alot Of Help =(

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by MrsGood2be, Jan 26, 2011.

1. MrsGood2be

MrsGood2be Well-Known Member

After reading through some of the threads I've realised I have no idea what I'm doing! =( I've been ttc for the past 6 months with no luck. I've been off bc for a year now and I've been taking a prenatal since October of 2009. My peroiod has always been light I hardly ever have any cramping it's almost always regular except for a few times. The last 6 months it's been pretty much every 31 days. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I figured I'd tell you what I'm doing and you guys can give me some pointers and advice.

Ok so here's the run down: I've been off my birth control for a year now, I've been taking prenatal vitamins for over a year. I've been using a ovulation calender and doing the baby dance (lol) every 2 to 3 days during ovulation. I don't smoke or drink or do drugs, I don't even drink caffeine! What the heck am I doing wrong?!

My big question is a little tmi but I'm hoping someone won't mind and can help. I've always used lubrication but we were using saliva because it seemed more natural then ky but after reading on here I've learned that's a big no no but does that mean that ky is also a big no no? If the sperm isn't the problem do you think I'd still have a good chance of getting a bfp if I use KY?

Thanks for reading! Any help is greatly appreciated =)

2. Gemmamumof2

Gemmamumof2 mummy of 2 ttc 3rd x

lol least its 6 months i sounded like this after 2.5years trying lmao!

what do you nee to know :)
    how have you been 'trying' up to now?

3. Babybear85

Babybear85 Mummy to Joshua

Yep what have u been doing so far. I woyldnt worry about 6 months I been trying 16

4. kates84

kates84 Mum to one

Hi chick,

KY jelly isn't sperm friendly. I've heard that preseed is good although I've never tried it.

If you are using it because of dryness, I highly reccommend drinking grapefruit juice and taking evening primrose oil - I've not needed a lubricant since I started using them.

Other than that, I don't think you are doing anything "wrong". I'd suggest BDing every 2 days during ovulation week rather than every 2-3 days but other than that, you seem fine.

You could use ovulation prediction kits or temping to pinpoint ovulation, but as you've only been at it 6 months, you might want to carry on with a less stressful approach.

5. monalisa81

monalisa81 Well-Known Member

Hi hun,
    Saliva is known for killing sperms. Preseed and conceive plus are sperm friendly lubricants. You can drink grapefruit juice as Kates said and green tea helps the dryness problem too.
    Pinpointing ovulation based on calendar method can be misleading, you can use ovulation prediction kits or sign up to fertilityfriend.com and chart your temps.
    But, these things can put some stress on people, if you're not very obsessing about it, you can wait and see for a while.
    Good luck

6. MrsGood2be

Thanks guys I've been wondering about more sperm friendly lubrication. And I didn't know that about grape fruit. I know I've only been trying for 6 months and that doesn't seem long for some but I guess it's because we live in a small town and everyone and there sister keeps getting pregnant by accident lol! We have these 16 and 17 year old girls getting pregnant by accident but yet I can't get pregnant on purpose. Everyone is always saying to me "why don't you and Eric have a baby" and it upsets me because it's not that easy!

I was planning on using an ovulation test again this month and I'm going to research charting my tempature which is something new I've discovered. And I've been trying to gain some weight with out much sucess. Other then taking prenatal vitamins is there anything else I should be taking or eating to help boost my fertility?

7. Gemmamumof2

pre seed is super sperm friendly :)

salvia/ky jelly both kill sperm :(

if you dont want you ovulation sticks.. you can check your cm... depends what your comdortable with..

8. MrsGood2be

I guess I'm just nevous because all of my sisters have fertility problems. I never thought I'd have any problem getting pregnant I mean I was only on birth control for a year and a half. I think I'm just over thinking it but it's very stressful we've been not preventing for a year now and my fiancè thought that we'd get pregnant then but after 6 months of no bfp we started using a ovulation calender. It's just stressful but at least here I'm surrounded by people who know what I'm going through vs friends and family who don't seem to understand.

9. MrsGood2be

I've tried checking my cm but I was very confused about it lol! I think I need to do some more research on it untill I'm more comfortable with what I'm looking at.

10. Gemmamumof2

calenders might not be helpful for 2 years i used one, then after no luck started checking my cervical muscus and realised i ovulate later than the 'normal' cycle.

not to gross you out, but if your ok checking yourself during fertile time your cm is stretch if put inbetween fingers you can see it stretch to at least 1cm!! thats how i check im fertile now, as your best having sex the days before ovulation as then you have sperm waiting for egg :)

11. MrsGood2be

Oh ok I've been thinking that the ovulation calender might not be working so well for me. I'm going to do some research on cm and try that for the next few cycles. Do you recomend any good websites?

12. Gemmamumof2

calenders might not be helpful for 2 years i used one, then after no luck started checking my cervical muscus and realised i ovulate later than the 'normal' cycle.

not to gross you out, but if your ok checking yourself during fertile time your cm is stretch if put inbetween fingers you can see it stretch to at least 1cm!! thats how i check im fertile now, as your best having sex the days before ovulation as then you have sperm waiting for egg :)

Stages of Cervical Fluid: Post Menses

Stage 1: Lasting 2 - 3 days CM is Sticky or Gummy (S)

Stage 2: Lasting 2- 4 days: CM is Creamy, Milky, Lotion Like - Beginning of your fertile period (C)

Stage 3: Lasting 1-5 days: Egg white Cervical Fluid - At this time you are very fertile. (E)

Stage 4: Dry, Moist or Sticky (Infertile)

13. Gemmamumof2

i tend to just google, theres a few websites that show you into a womans cervix but unless your an expert in pictures they all look same lol

14. MrsGood2be

Ok thanks so much for all your help =)