i need an mri scan

xxloopylollxx

Reaction score
hi im new here, i just wondered if anyone has had to have an mri scan and lumber puncture while pregnant? im 6weeks gone and waiting for date to come threw.
my doctors think i might have MS and said if its not that then its definately another neurological disorder.
im really scared of what could be wrong but more so of the MRI scan or lumber puncture could do to my unborn.
please help?
x

Well from my experience my son went for a mri scan when i was pregnanct with my daughter i wasnt even allowed in he room with him something to do with the radiation.

Im not sure if they will go ahead with this x

I did with my son - i had both !!

Kieran is fine - it depends on how urgent the issue is - with the consultant willl decide

I would not worry - altho i would call his secretary if they dont know your pregnant !!

I say just make sure they know you are pregnant. And if they do decide to go ahead, then there's obviously a reason. Also, even if they know, make sure to tell them again on the day of the scan, so that particular technician knows as well.

thank u all, iv looked on line and found information sayin its not generally done in first trimester, and also that the dye used could be harmful to baby which is quite worrying. hope ur all well and all ur pregnancys are going well xxx

I wouldn't, the radiation could kill the baby.

However if it's serious the doctor will tell you what is best, he wouldn't put you or the baby in danger

i have gone for mri and they won't do it unless your not pregnant i suggest you wait until you know what's going on with your pregnancy and get a second opinon

Unfourtunatly, as far as the doctors are concerned your health is of more importnace than your fetus, however every hospital has an ethics board or something simular to take into account these kind of issues, The less far along in your pregnancy you are the less they take the baby into consideration...

I would imagine its fine, just keep reminding them, They wont have tested these precedures on pregnant woman, so the reports etc.. will be speculation :)

I recently went into antaphalatic shock after being stung by a wasp, and was given shots of steriods & adrenilin & had to take strong steriods for a week afterwards, All i got out of the doctors was "we dont have a choice your health is our main concern"

which sucked but the baby is fine.

i had an mri in my last trimester and they said there was still 'inconclusive' results as to the effect mri's had on unborn babies and they wouldnt do it unless it as absoulutely necessary... so the docs wont do it if they feel its not urgent.... tough decision... good luck xx

thank u all so much, myself and my partner are both very grateful for all your advice :) love to u all :)
xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->