I need help ... 16dpo, please take a look at these

Goodness! So sorry girl :( it really is the strangest thing...I don’t think it matters if you are 7dpo, if the test picked up hcg and formed a line then there would be progress from the minute it showed up on IC. Once it’s there and real it only gets darker. My guess is that perhaps there’s a strange hormonal surge at the same time in your cycles that somehow causes lines to appear? The only other possibility is a chemical. I’m really sorry you have to go through this over and over it’s crazy! FX for a sticky bean soon xx

Thanks. I guess the other tests could have been false, the ICs have hugely varying reviews over their reliability and CB can be off completely, I have seen countless false positives with these and they're always faint like mine was. So given the fact my signs point to ovulation at CD12 (FF puts it as CD13), I'm just going to accept for now it's possible it's too soon, wait it out a few days and see. I'm not wasting any more expensive tests unless I see something reappear on ICs

Goodness! So sorry girl :( it really is the strangest thing...I don’t think it matters if you are 7dpo, if the test picked up hcg and formed a line then there would be progress from the minute it showed up on IC. Once it’s there and real it only gets darker. My guess is that perhaps there’s a strange hormonal surge at the same time in your cycles that somehow causes lines to appear? The only other possibility is a chemical. I’m really sorry you have to go through this over and over it’s crazy! FX for a sticky bean soon xx

After having a beta return at <1 a while ago when I was still seeing lines on tests I'm assuming my baseline hCG level is normal, so I don't think there could be any hormonal surge unless in the case of PCOS, I know some see false positives I think because of cysts? I don't have this, so can't be that.
I don't know what ICs are like where you are, but here their reviews are mixed. A lot of people with convincing lines which aren't real as they used other brands which were negative, others saying they gave false negatives, others saying they were good so it's chance with those I guess. I know CB can give false lines.
Fertility Friend would have put me at 5dpo when I had those lines Monday, so going by the app I am 7dpo today, but I put myself a day ahead as I believe I ovulated on CD12 rather than CD13, so could be false lines, or could be a chemical, time will tell

They may have been dodgy tests I guess...but you're not out yet xxx

Not seeing much on today's, nothing on ICs. Either another stupid chemical or they were false lines to start with. Fertility Friend still thinks I'm 7dpo today, I think I ovulated a day earlier than it thinks but doesn't make much difference.
Utterly fed up with this now

I actually see a very faint line on the clear blue test!

Those first tests are very convincing :shock: I hope you get your BFP this month <3

Those first tests are very convincing :shock: I hope you get your BFP this month <3

I know. But weird, since Fertility Friend put me at 5dpo when I got those, I put me at 6dpo, but either is still rather early for lines like those. I worried they weren't real, because of that. It's possible I ovulated earlier, which would be the most plausible explanation for those if they were indeed genuine. But it would be really out of place for me to have ovulated before positive OPKs and days before a definitive temp shift, and before all the usual ovulation signs happened.
So I don't know. It would seem unusual to see those that early. Unless there was more than one, in which case I have read multiples can make 50% more hCG, so in theory it would be possible to see a positive that early, if implantation happened very quickly.
The only other thing I can think aside from yet another chemical is that they were wonky tests. All the other chemicals I have had tests seem to have faded slower than going blank within two days. I don't know what to think :wacko:

After having a beta return at <1 a while ago when I was still seeing lines on tests I'm assuming my baseline hCG level is normal, so I don't think there could be any hormonal surge unless in the case of PCOS, I know some see false positives I think because of cysts? I don't have this, so can't be that.
I don't know what ICs are like where you are, but here their reviews are mixed. A lot of people with convincing lines which aren't real as they used other brands which were negative, others saying they gave false negatives, others saying they were good so it's chance with those I guess. I know CB can give false lines.
Fertility Friend would have put me at 5dpo when I had those lines Monday, so going by the app I am 7dpo today, but I put myself a day ahead as I believe I ovulated on CD12 rather than CD13, so could be false lines, or could be a chemical, time will tell

I used to use the exact same blue handle IC’s as shown in your pics. I would buy them online... I swear I’ve used thousands and only ever got lines when I was pregnant. I guess it depends. Maybe now the batches are different from the ones I got last year? Either way those lines were beyond convincing I still can’t wrap my head around them being false :(

I used to use the exact same blue handle IC’s as shown in your pics. I would buy them online... I swear I’ve used thousands and only ever got lines when I was pregnant. I guess it depends. Maybe now the batches are different from the ones I got last year? Either way those lines were beyond convincing I still can’t wrap my head around them being false :(

I don't know, I have had one ages ago which had a pink line which turned out to be false. No other tests were positive. Actually, in my previous cycle I had faint lines on them which turned out to be nothing as there wasn't anything on any other tests. It's hard because I have also had many give lines when other tests have too, so they were obviously real. Even if they're the same manufacturer they may differ slightly as I know First Response do between the UK and US for instance, ours aren't as sensitive.
If you look at the UK Amazon website and put in 'One Step pregnancy test' there are loads of reviews all at different ends of the scale, some saying they're wonderful, some saying they're awful. Some with false lines, some only seeing lines days after other, less sensitive tests showed positive, so they're quite mixed reviews

Your chart looks good though... I'd put it down to poop tests and carry in with the 2ww xxx

Ameeann I completely misread your post and thought you were talking about tests you use with poo LOL!

Robo, yes I did. I only used ICs, One Step and Cassanovum, both had faint lines on which were pink but I couldn't get good photos of them. So it's left me somewhat confused with having completely negative tests yesterday and now faint lines. Hoping tomorrow brings clearer, darker lines.

I didn't use any other tests, I saved my sample whilst the ICs developed in case they gave good lines, but since they were so faint I didn't want to waste more expensive tests. I shall do the same tomorrow and if they give darker lines I will try a FRER

Really hoping you have darker lines today xx

They were a little fainter than yesterday, I think because my pee was virtually clear as I drank too much. I didn't think I had drunk that much before bed but I didn't leave it long before going to bed so my bladder was bursting when I woke! Going to try to hold it for as long as possible and see if smu is any good. Usually my later pee isn't, but given how diluted my fmu was anything has to top that. If not, will make sure I don't drink as much tonight so hopefully my pee will be more concentrated tomorrow. I didn't expect anything from my fmu today because it was so diluted and yesterday's were faint enough already

So after those first ICs at 5/6dpo, the following day they were barely there, the day after not there at all. Then 9/10dpo they were super faint again, 10/11dpo fainter but my pee was really diluted and smu showed some lines a little clearer, and today ICs are slightly more visible and are pink in real life although very faint. Saving FRER. Not sure what to make of initial ICs, but if they weren't real and these are then I would expect a line on a FRER and a clearer line on ICs tomorrow at the latest but all in all I think I'm looking at another chemical. Just thought I would update. Will post photos if ICs become any clearer tomorrow or if by some miracle I see a positive FRER

Ooh post pics really hope you have darker lines xxx

Looks like another chemical. ICs much fainter today, only a shadow on the top IC and something vague on the second IC, not much if anything on the other two and the FRER is an indent

Attachments

• IMG_3961.jpg
    IMG_3961.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3965.jpg
    IMG_3965.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3970.jpg
    IMG_3970.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3972.jpg
    IMG_3972.jpg