I need help ... 16dpo, please take a look at these

I'm sorry, I can't believe this keeps happening xx have drs offered any tests? Sending huge hugs xx

That's ok, I've plenty to keep me busy so at least I can take my mind off this and stick my head into my course books. I haven't really asked my doctor, I just haven't felt comfortable to ask because I worry she will think I'm crackers wanting more children because of the struggles I have had with mental health and going by my birth experiences this seems to be a trigger for psychosis for me, that and I have phobias around health so I'm terrified if I ask her to look into things for me there might be something really wrong which is stopping this happening which they won't be able to do anything about. Made worse by recently hearing from people that their friend went in with minor pain somewhere and was diagnosed with terminal cancer with weeks to live. That really scares me, the thought of that happening. It sounds ridiculous I know, but I panic about seeing the doctor about anything

I completely understand where you are coming from, but if could be something so small and changeable. You are a touch cookie to go through what you are xx

Thanks. I just think there are so many people who have it a LOT harder than myself, some trying for years. I look at charts on FF and some of these women have been trying for a decade! So I can't moan, having only been trying for fifteen months. It's just a surprise I guess, we didn't have any issues whatsoever conceiving before, even conceiving our daughter right after birth without trying, only BD a few times and breastfeeding. Part of me wants to leave behind the tracking, OPKs and all and just BD when we feel like it. When we did this before no problems. But then I know there's something not right with hormones so I wouldn't know when to use Cyclogest if we did this, and it has been a godsend regarding anxiety and PMDD

On a positive note your chart looks so promising. Fingers crossed x

Thanks, I know and it's rather weird that my temperatures are still maintaining but then it's likely the Cyclogest keeping them high. It's the first cycle using it properly, from the start, so I'm unsure of whether temps would drop anyway with its use or if they will stay high until I stop using it pregnancy or not

Hugs girl. I don’t know what else to say xx

Just to make absolutely sure, there isn't anything on these is there? They look completely negative, there was a shadowy something on the wider strip but I think it's where the test line would be as they frequently come with an obvious line there but the more eyes and everything ... I didn't remember to buy any other test but anyway, by this point I would think I should have a clear line anyway, just for reassurance these are most definitely blank

Attachments

• IMG_4118.jpg
    IMG_4118.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4121.jpg
    IMG_4121.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4123.jpg
    IMG_4123.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 7
Ok, so I used these because despite having completely negative ICs above, my temp increased today, by more than I put in but I didn't think it was accurate so I immediately retook my temp and entered in the next reading which seemed more realistic. The first was 37.57, the next was 37.43. We had a milder night and I had less sleep so this usually puts my temps up, but I stopped using a Cyclogest, so I expected them to go down by today. Feels like af is on its way but because of temps I used three ICs and a FRER. The photos won't do it justice but there's an obvious pink line on the wider strip and something on the FRER, thing is I can't really see anything on it in real life but the strip is clear as day. These like to give false lines however, so I'm assuming that's all it is and the FRER is an indent but opinions much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_4328.jpg
    IMG_4328.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4330.jpg
    IMG_4330.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4331.jpg
    IMG_4331.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4333.jpg
    IMG_4333.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4334.jpg
    IMG_4334.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 32
Cupcake its clear as day on all to mw. Take frer out of case gently and u can put it back in that way. If its pink id say you def have a bfp. I cant comment on cyclogest i dont know what it is sorry.
When was af due - whats your cycle length normally?

My issue is on some photos it looks real. When I took it out of the case earlier there was this huge indent on the other side which doesn't have any colour. So I don't know, I guess somehow I photographed colour into it! It doesn't look colourful out of the case, and it's hard to see in the case in real life, but on photos it's easier to see and looks like there's colour there. I don't know how I did that.

I didn't remember to add - Cyclogest is progesterone in pessary form. So if I stop using it and was pregnant then it would likely result in miscarriage because progesterone is required to support a pregnancy, but before 10-12 weeks gestation when the placenta takes over its production, we rely on our body to make the right levels which I'm pretty certain I don't, so any drop in it can cause mc. I didn't use it yesterday or today because I had completely negative tests and the only reason I tested today is because af was due yesterday and my temps are still high. I don't believe there's a viable pregnancy there, I was more concerned with ectopic. I know vanishing twin is a possibility which could explain the ups and downs of my tests, but it's a slim one. I'm happy to call the wide strip false as they have done this before, but the FRER confused me somewhat. I guess though I now have my answer, and I can hopefully stop worrying about it. Hopefully my temps will drop tomorrow and af will arrive soon. My lp varies between 14-16 days, because of using progesterone and because I have had a number of chemicals

Attachments

• IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4450.jpg
    IMG_4450.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4453.jpg
    IMG_4453.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 17
My issue is on some photos it looks real. When I took it out of the case earlier there was this huge indent on the other side which doesn't have any colour. So I don't know, I guess somehow I photographed colour into it! It doesn't look colourful out of the case, and it's hard to see in the case in real life, but on photos it's easier to see and looks like there's colour there. I don't know how I did that.

I didn't remember to add - Cyclogest is progesterone in pessary form. So if I stop using it and was pregnant then it would likely result in miscarriage because progesterone is required to support a pregnancy, but before 10-12 weeks gestation when the placenta takes over its production, we rely on our body to make the right levels which I'm pretty certain I don't, so any drop in it can cause mc. I didn't use it yesterday or today because I had completely negative tests and the only reason I tested today is because af was due yesterday and my temps are still high. I don't believe there's a viable pregnancy there, I was more concerned with ectopic. I know vanishing twin is a possibility which could explain the ups and downs of my tests, but it's a slim one. I'm happy to call the wide strip false as they have done this before, but the FRER confused me somewhat. I guess though I now have my answer, and I can hopefully stop worrying about it. Hopefully my temps will drop tomorrow and af will arrive soon. My lp varies between 14-16 days, because of using progesterone and because I have had a number of chemicals

Has your doctor diagnosed low/no progesterone and prescribed that pessary?

What is their advice on how long to use it for and when to stop when af is due? Seems scary that if you stop using it and are pregnant it will have a loas outcome. Also its a lot on you to have to decide as and when to stop etc

Hm, I can see it in the case but not out of the case. What will happen if you restart the meds?

Did you guys BD at all during the TWW? Maybe you had a surge and didn't actually ovulate until later?

I mean it looks pink but for 16dpo it's faint - and you also seem to have blank tests by 16dpo in previous months. I'm half wondering if it's possible you're earlier than you think because of a wonky O date this month

Napamermaid, I haven't had bloods done, or rather I did but they screwed it up and gave me a pregnancy test instead :dohh: anyway, she prescribed it because of my symptoms as they strongly suggest low progesterone. The advice generally is to start taking them once ovulation is confirmed, then stop when your period is due. Unless of course you see a positive pregnancy test, in which case you continue using them. The only issue with this, is sometimes people won't see a positive until after af is due, and may see a negative before, so it can be hard to know whether to stop as it can delay af so it isn't like you can keep using it until af arrives as it may not arrive. I don't know if it eventually would arrive at some point, but I wouldn't want to mess my cycle up.

Sander, honestly if there was a viable pregnancy there and I restarted them now I don't know what would happen. I'm guessing it may be ok since my temp increased instead of lowering today, but I could be wrong. Any sudden drop in progesterone can be enough to end a pregnancy, I don't know how long you could get away with it for.
I definitely didn't ovulate any later than CD13 as I have a clear and sustained temperature shift (my chart is linked below). In fact, if I change it to Research detector setting it changes ovulation to CD11 which would make sense having what appeared to be positives earlier on as that would have made me 7dpo instead of only 5dpo. But assuming it's right and I am 16dpo, the only explanation I can find for positives then negatives to positives IF these were positive, is vanishing twin or ectopic. I don't think there's another explanation, unless all my ICs are crap and the FRER is only just stating to show, which it could if it was a late implanter. My original temp today was much higher than I put in, I will post a photo of my chart with that temp, in theory it could mean implantation happened the day before yesterday I guess but it's a long shot. I think the temp was inaccurate because I had little sleep and it was milder than it has been and I use an electric blanket (on a low setting). We haven't done anything since just before ovulation. I think it's just a case of false line on the wide strip and indent on the FRER

Attachments

• IMG_4433.jpg
    IMG_4433.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 4
I see what you mean - forgot about temps for a minute. Def could be a late implantation - I guess we'll have to wait for tomorrow? I can really see something on the FRER in the case. And I can never see faint lines or indents on those. Hard to imagine it was blank this whole time and is showing up now only to be wrong.

Fingers crossed and try again tomorrow!!

Thanks, Sander. Looks like it was the indent and a false IC. I hate those ICs, that particular brand have given me false pink lines before but none were as convincing as the one above. It's harder to see in photos than in real life, it also dried a good colour too! But clearly false because my temp took a huge nosedive today as I thought it would, so I haven't bothered to use the other FRER as I believe even if there was anything, which I don't think there is, I doubt any amount of progesterone now would help given my temp today. I suspect af shall arrive today at some point.

And I wasn't wrong, af arrived earlier. CD1

Sorry cupcake, big hugs. Really gutted for you - was super hoping this was it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"