i need help...false positive or the real thing?

Mrs.Mcguin

Mom of 3
Reaction score
Hi ladies...i havent been here in a very long time but i now need some advice. I took a dollar store test a couple days ago because i was having lots of pregnancy symptoms. So i took the test and after a few minutes nothing came up so i put the test back into its wrapper and put it in my bag. Well something just came over me to check the test again and there is a line! I just dont know what the hell to think of it?! I will be testing again but seriously...how many false lines come up like this?

https://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq30/Leslie_Landry/2016-12-06_23.50.05_zpsqvogct9p.jpg

Wow! I can't say that meets the criteria for an evap..but it's very smudgey almost like a dye run...but still looks positive. Do you have any more readily available? I think that def calls for a re-test!

Wow! I can't say that meets the criteria for an evap..but it's very smudgey almost like a dye run...but still looks positive. Do you have any more readily available? I think that def calls for a re-test!

No...i dont have any with me otherwise i would. I know i shouldnt look at a test after the time frame which is why im not all excited...yet. Im not really expecting this to be anything more then just a bad evap. I might test tomorrow or i might wait until the weekend when i know i will be late.

I've never seen in evap that dark though!!! Personally I have a feeling it's BFP and it just got all dodgy looking from being stuffed back in the wrapper and tossed! How long did you wait before you tossed it and how long between tossing it and then finding it like this?

That looks more like a BFP than an evap!

Well...its definitely a false positive! I started my period this morning. Oh my goodness...i cant believe a test can show like this and be negative.

I am so sorry :hugs:
Can't believe how positive that test looked!

It didn't look positive to me, it looked like it went all funny from being wrapped up.

I agree. It was way too dark for an evap but it didnt quite look like a BFP either. I think it was probably from being wrapped up and not dried flat. It seems like a kind of tide line developed in the dye. If I am seeing right the line is not on the test line. The test line is more to the right.

Def Evaporate. Line was not straight and if you look at the test more you can see the indent where the positive should have been. So sorry you started af:(

To offer some insight, because this has happened to me a few times...

With this style of test, the urine is dropped on top and is washes dye across the test. When it's positive, the dye "sticks" to the test line. Sometimes the pee & dye mixture travels across the test, and then after a bit of time, it starts to kind of "slosh" back in the opposite direction. Since there isn't enough liquid to send it back all the way, it usually stops about there and just dries like a smudgy line on the test.

Hope that made sense!

Sorry it was negative though :(

That makes a lot of sense giggle box. And if the test wasn't layer back while it dried it probably encouraged the dye to go back on itself.

Still not great tho. Sorry hun. So will all tests photograph with that slight line 'where the positive should be'?

Still not great tho. Sorry hun. So will all tests photograph with that slight line 'where the positive should be'?

I have used MANY MANY of these tests for a very long time and not once has this ever happened to me before so you shouldnt worry. Its definitely a very rare situation. I do find that dollar test do typically give off a strong evap line but these are gray/colorless.

I wasnt excited about this being a positive because the test was white as can be in the time limit. however, i was surprised to see it even passed the time limit seeing as tho like i said, ive taken hundreds of dollar tests and not once has this happened so it did catch my curiousity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->