I need help. I'm new to this.

NauseaGirl97

Reaction score
I am a 19 year old girl who is 8 weeks pregnant as of today. In three days, I will have my first prenatal appointment that the receptionist at the GYN office called a cultures appointment. I've never even been to a gynecologist and am extremely nervous about the whole ordeal. I am on an anti nausea pill called Phenergan that is just barely working as before I was getting sick three times a day and now just once every other day. I hate water with a passion and I'm supposed to be drinking eight glasses. I would buy juice and milk as a substitute, but as of right now I don't have a fridge or any place to keep cold things. I don't know how to hydrate and water just makes me feel more nauseous. I also am expected to eat small meals every four hours when before I maybe had two small meals a day if I was lucky. I've never been much of an eater and with the nausea I want to eat even less. I've been eating crackers, pretzels, and dry cereal like honey nut cheerios and chex cereal. I am having such trouble with my entire pregnancy that I'm utterly miserable and scared for my baby. I know I will make a wonderful mother, but I'm proving to be a terrible pregnant woman. It's not going well. Someone please help me.

Oh man. I'm sorry to hear that :( That's hard. As for the drinking, have you tried something like crystal light? It gives your water some flavour and makes it easier to drink. As for eating, just do your best. That's all you can do. Your baby will be fine.

I tried some peach tea flavoring for water and it tasted like I was drinking straight sugar water. I just bought fruit punch flavoring today (as it's now 1 am, technically yesterday) so maybe it will help, but I'm afraid it too will not satisfy me.

I've found it depends on the brand. Some brands taste like junk. What kind did you buy?

Perhaps some sparkling water with flavors added to them? You could throw citrus slices in and it might help with your nausea some too. Sorry you are feeling so sick. The first trimester tends to be quite hard on many women. There is hope that the second will be easier so I hope that will be true for you.

I used MiO for the fruit punch. So far its doing fine. I can't remember what kind I used for the peach tea flavoring. Maybe just great value the Walmart brand but I can't remember for sure.

:hugs: first tri is always the hardest. You might like flavored sparkling water and cranberry ginger ale comes out soon that might help within the ms. Regular ginger ale works too.

You can also post over on teen pregnancy for advice. I follow that forum more closely myself. Is there any way you can get a fridge to store drinks in?

I just cant afford the means to a fridge right now. My fiancé and I have been living with a friend who has the most horrid wife and most ill behaved toddler I've ever seen. They keep their fridge full with stuff they probably should have thrown out weeks ago, but I'm renting a room. Not rights to the whole house so I can't do anything about the fridge space that is nonexistent. We've been trying to find our own place to live for months, but it's a dead end town where every apartment complex has a nine month waiting list and real estate agencies are dry on rental houses. No hope for a fridge any time soon at all. It would make my life a lot easier if I did have one. Yogurt and milk sounds wonderful just about now.

I just cant afford the means to a fridge right now. My fiancé and I have been living with a friend who has the most horrid wife and most ill behaved toddler I've ever seen. They keep their fridge full with stuff they probably should have thrown out weeks ago, but I'm renting a room. Not rights to the whole house so I can't do anything about the fridge space that is nonexistent. We've been trying to find our own place to live for months, but it's a dead end town where every apartment complex has a nine month waiting list and real estate agencies are dry on rental houses. No hope for a fridge any time soon at all. It would make my life a lot easier if I did have one. Yogurt and milk sounds wonderful just about now.

That's sounds awful. I've been there before! It's terrible. What about a mini fridge that you can keep in your room? You might be able to find one second hand pretty cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->