I Need Help!

PinkPokaDots

Reaction score
Y'all... I have NO idea whats going on, and I need opinions. Shortly after I got up this morning I started have "chest pain", felt like my rib cage was severely bruised or something, like I got kicked in the ribs, and every breath I take in is very painful. Of course... I went to the ER. They immediately did an EKG (normal), and a chest X-RAY (think it was normal) to rule out pulmonary embolism, and labs. They aren't sure what's wrong, so they sent me home with some anti-acids, claiming maybe its heartburn or related. Now... I had horrific heartburn with my son, trust me, I know what its supposed to feel like, and this is NOT it. But I took the anti-acids just so I could claim to have tried everything. It's now later in the afternoon, and my chest pain is just getting worse. I feel like a fat man is standing on my chest, and I have to brace myself for the pain every time I take in more than just a shallow breath. I'm probably going to head back into the ER in a lil while.... But what is this??? I haven't done any exercise to cause soreness, and I don't have any cold or anything. So miserable! I do have an OB apt scheduled for wednesday

Definitely go back to the ER. Women are often patted on the head and sent home with anti anxiety meds or heart burn medication when we are having heart attacks. Don't back down.

Definitely get it checked out, but I also had very sore ribs earlier in this pregnancy. I felt like I'd been kicked repeatedly in my ribs the day before or something, it was so painful..painful to breathe and painful when I pushed gently on them, mostly at the bottom of my ribcage. Then like 2 or 3 days later it just went away. I have no idea what it is but I hope yours does the same!

I'm feeling slightly better today... but not much. My chest pain is duller, but now my stomach is sooo tender. I went back to the ER last night and they said maybe its costochondritis, which is inflammation of the cartilage around your sternum. No clue how I could've gotten that, its usually caused by trauma to the chest. But the symptoms matched up with what I'm feeling, so I dunno lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->