I need serious advice ladies

Ellie3344

Reaction score
Hello Ladies! I hope someone can give me some advice.
So, my partner and I aren't necessarily TTC, but wouldnt be upset if it happened. We had unprotected sex sometime around my fertile window last month according to my menstrual cycle charting app. I was due to get my period on March 29, and had absolutely so signs of it until April 5th! While waiting for AF, I took 2 HPT and both were negative. When AF arrived, it was much lighter than usual and shorter as well. It started off with very light spotting on Thursday April 3rd, (which never ever happens to me), and then starting with lighter than usual mostly brown bleeding. Last day of "bleeding" was April 8th. Since then, I've had on and off brown spotting that comes and goes. I have never, ever had an irregular period in my life! I have no idea whats going on! I've been having heightened anxiety for absolutely no reason (I've had diagnosed anxiety disorder since I was 13, but its been completely under control), very vivid dreams, fatigue, headaches almost daily, a strange taste in my mouth, and today started feeling some soreness in my breasts/nipples.

Can anyone give me an idea of what they think? I had a blood test for HCG drawn on Friday, just waiting for results. Could I be pregnant?? Help!

Didn't want to read and run...but try to stay calm and wait for your results. Let us know what they are! :)

Stress could be interfering with your period but you might have tested to early, I'd test again and/or go to your gp and get a clearer answer on what's going on

Stress and anxiety can do a lot to change your period. I'm sorry, but I'm 99% sure that you are not pregnant and just had a wacky cycle. You should probably do something that will relax you and reduce your stress and anxiety to get your cycles back on track. We can also play tricks with our minds when we think we might be pregnant and we "notice" symptoms that are actually probably normally there that we don't usually pay attention to otherwise. This is called a "phantom pregnancy".

A couple of months before I fell pregnant DS I had a 28 day cycle and then a 43 day cycle (normally I had a 30-31 day cycle). These cycles were off due to stress, anxiety and pressure from the job I had at the time. It was Christmas season and there was a lot of pressure to make sales. I was not on birth control because I cannot take hormonal birth control due to the very negative effects it has for me and DF hated condoms. I relied on my cycles to tell me when I was fertile and not and because I had those two "off" periods I had no idea when I was ovulating the third month, therefore deciding to limit sexual activity until my cycles straightened out again. We apparently had sex on the one day that we should have abstained and I fell pregnant that month (not that I wasn't ecstatic, I was impatiently waiting to start trying until later in 2013 or mid 2014).

I would classify you and your partner as Not Trying, Not Preventing (NTNP). There is a NTNP forum on here that you can get support from. This is the Waiting To Try (WTT) forum, so a lot of us won't really be able to help you much here seeing as we are all still waiting to be able to try for a(nother) baby.

If you're over 2 weeks past the day you were due for your period, you should be getting a positive pregnancy test, so maybe test again if you haven't recently.

Implantation bleeding is usually very minimal and only lasts for a day or two, so 5 days of something that could be comparable to a period is most likely just a light period rather than pregnancy-related bleeding.

A lot of symptoms of pregnancy are very similar/the same as general hormonal changes. I learned this last month when I was starting to convince myself I was pregnant; I had strange cramping, fatigue, sore breasts, my face was breaking out... but it turned out my cycle was changing and my period was just gearing up to come early. Joy!

Anyway, your symptoms could be related to an irregular period. It's also of course possible that you are pregnant if you had unprotected sex. I'd pee on a stick again and be pretty confident in whatever result that gives you. Good luck & I hope you get the result you want. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->