I need to rethink OH's Xmas present now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs stru

Reaction score
So this is the first year I'm able to buy OH something decent as I am now debt free! He's been after one of those shiatsu massage cushions for a while and as he hadn't got one yet, I was going to get him one for Xmas. Sorted.... Or so I thought!

He was meeting a mate yesterday afternoon, so I said I'd take him and go shopping for a bit, assuming they would be sat in a pub. Wondering round, I spy a massage cushion which had 40% off. Not the exact one that OH wanted, but I love a bargain, so I try out the demo to see whether it was similar with a view to buying it!

As I was sat there, who walks in but OH and his mate:dohh: He sees me on the chair and has a go himself. Then announces he is going to buy it!:cry:
nothing I said could change his mind!

So now, although I have a very happy OH, I am back to square one for Xmas and need to put my thinking cap back on.

Note to self - next year, do not let OH anywhere near any shops this close
to Xmas unless I haven't picked out the perfect prezzy!

Oh no! I hope you think of something else, I would be gutted if that happened as theres only so much you could have said without ruining the surprise even if you had stopped him buying it! xxx

I know. I told him after he bought it that it was supposed to be his Xmas present. He said not to worry about his present as his Xmas is all about watching me open my presents from him and being with all the family!
But I still want to get something nice for him!

I know what you mean. My OH always says "don't bother getting me anything" as he's not really into chrismas and never has been. But I like to give him something to unwrap even if it's just small stuff. I wouldnt feel right not giving him anything at all to open. xxx

Ugh they are so frustrating aren't they!! To try and prevent this from happening I've put a ban on buying from now until Christmas for stuff for ourselves...however not sure if this will work or not!

Men!! What else is he into?! does he need new trainers/coat etc?

Maybe a nice watch?
x

Agh what bad luck! :hugs: Men are nightmares to buy for! My OH is getting a new coat this year. Last year was lots of little things; trainers/clothes etc. What about an mp3 player?

Thanks for the ideas but he is really hard to buy for. He doesn't really have a use for an mp3 player, he's not really into sport either. He doesn't wear a watch often because of his work and he's got a nice one that he likes. I will probably have to resort to what he has on his list- but a) it won't be a surprise and b) I will need to keep enough of them back so I can give his family ideas when they ask - they always do so that's why I make him write a list otherwise I end up giving them all my ideas.

We usually have a ban on shopping before Xmas but this year he ignored it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"