I need to vent

davidjoemum

mum to Davie and Sophie
Reaction score
We in the process of buying the house ATM and we ment to be moving 5th of April.compltion and exchange should take place on Tuesday.
We got phone call from estate agent yesterday that current owner has been diagnosed with cancer and he still want to sell that house but got other things on his head ATM.i do understand him my mom died of cancer and I'm a nurse in oncology so I know how devastating he must be and my heart goes to him and all my prayers I do hope he will be fine.
Here is a catch i got wonderful job opportunity there(I live in Kent now house we buying is in Surrey)I went on interview 2 months ago and I got it!!!!i should be starting my new position at the end of April.
I can't commute as is 2 hour drive each way at it would cost me as much as I earn so there is no option plus i will be away for 13 h and I need to leave house everyday at 3 am!!!!
I don't know what to do if I won't be in Surrey I lose my dream job
I'm devastated for current owner and for my job
I don't know what to do any suggestions ?
Thanx

Oh that's awful for you both!

Could you afford to get a short term rental place local to the new place and new job? Then when the owner can sell, you can be ready for them?

Oh that's awful for you both!

Could you afford to get a short term rental place local to the new place and new job? Then when the owner can sell, you can be ready for them?

No not really to rent in guildford cost a lot plus we spend all our money on that house and is in need of renovation if we rent I won't be able to renovate for way way long.

I'm so sorry your in this situation :(

Do you have any idea how much longer it will be? I mean, if it will only be a week or two you could look at staying in a B&B or a hotel for the time you'll be working? The way that I look at it is if it's your dream job obviously it would be worth having to stay there or commute in some way if it's only going to be in the short term.

Ox

I'm so sorry your in this situation :(

Do you have any idea how much longer it will be? I mean, if it will only be a week or two you could look at staying in a B&B or a hotel for the time you'll be working? The way that I look at it is if it's your dream job obviously it would be worth having to stay there or commute in some way if it's only going to be in the short term.

Ox
i have no idea tbh it can be week and it can be 2 months I was thinking about that option I could stay with my sister she lives there but in studio flat and I have 2 under 2 kids so I couldn't take them with me and it would be also heartbreaking
To commute it will cost me more than I earn as my car got big engine.
I just need to sit and wait until after Easter I guess to contact estate agent and tell him my situation I hope they will understand me too they (vendor knew the reason why we need to move quick)and house was on the market with no onward chain.

Also if I won't go to work we will have no money coming we will be living on Oh's wage which is not enough to support family of 4 so we relying on me start working.

So really its a case of............if you don't more now you kinda cant take the house as you wont have your wage etc? Whilst I do have every sympathy for the seller, surely he has somewhere lined up to move to?

What you could do is push for exchange, and complete a little later, (BUT ensure there is a clause of a 'by xyz' date. Then its not open ended. Failing that, pull out and look for somewhere else.

So really its a case of............if you don't more now you kinda cant take the house as you wont have your wage etc? Whilst I do have every sympathy for the seller, surely he has somewhere lined up to move to?

Exactly.they ment to be out of the house by 5th April.
As for the house we not having mortgage on it is bought for cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->