I need told off -- care to help?

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
Ok, I need you ladies to tell me to "LET GO" a bit!!! :rofl:

I just found out a have a 9 hour car ride on Saturday. DH and I have to go to the Big City to pick up my new snowmobile. DH can't go by himself (as I am buying it and need to sign for it).

I KNOW I should ask MIL (or someone similar) to watch Otter for me. He has been to the Big City several times and gets miserable by the end of the trip one way (4 hours or so). Let alone doing both ways in one day. I can't stand the thought of cramping him up in a car seat all day long! :nope:

But I can't stand the thought of leaving him that long either!! :hissy:

The longest I have been away is 4-5 hours -- even that is with working full time. I use my lunch breaks to go to his daycare to nurse and play with him. And working full time means the weekends are MY time with him! I don't want to give up a full day! :sad2:

UGG! But it isn't fair to make him ride in his little carseat for 9 hours, is it?? :dohh:

Tell me off for even thinking about putting my LO through that because I am too selfish to leave him for a day!!!! :haha:

Awww... while I don't yet know what it's like to have a baby and be away from them that long, I'm sure it's very very hard. I guess it boils down to which one causes you more anxiety. :lol: The car option does sound a bit uncomfortable for me... much less a baby in a tiny car seat. :shrug:

:hugs2:

You have to leave him for the day hun!!!! :( Its not recommended for LO's to be in their carseats for more than 2 hours at a time as it can cause spinal curvatures later in life.

Hope that helps!

Good :D He will be fine, its only a day. Are you not off work over Christmas?

Yes, I am...

Like I said -- it will just be the first time away from him for so long. So it breaks my heart. :( I know it is silly, I really do! But that doesn't stop me from feeling sad to be away for so long.

Not to mention the PITA it will be to figure out how to pump! :roll:

awww that is hard but it is best for him to be left, don't imagine it'd be much fun for him in a car seat all day

:( The first day away from them is always hard, but he will still be there and still be the same after you come back :hugs:

Awww I'm sorry, I won't say what you want to hear because I would take him with me too lol. The boys have done 13hrs ONE way in carseats since they were 3mo lol. I won't leave my kids either when they are young so yeah they would have come with haha. If you do want to take him why not ride back in there with him, might keep him happier in there longer, or make an extra stop or 2 just to get him out for a little while to stretch. If you leave him I'm sure he'll be just fine though! Do what you feel best doing :D

haha! He has done the trip before -- one way is about 4 hours and we stop at least once to nurse, stretch and change the dipe. But he just gets so fussy toward the end. We usually stay there overnight and then come back the next day (or later). He's done there and back in one day once when he was much smaller and still sleeping long stretches. Now he is more active and harder to keep busy! :wacko:

I think you know yourself what the sensible answer is.

I have to say that the reluctance to leave LO with anybody has really surprised me. I always thought that I would be happy to head off for nights out etc. and leave a family member to babysit.

As it is, I had to leave him with his daddy for about an hour and a half at my college graduation and it nearly killed me! He was only across the other side of the room! And then I couldn't find them for 10 minutes afterwards and I was going crazy! The mad thing was that I *knew* Thomas would be absolutely fine and wouldn't even notice I was gone (he was only 6 weeks) - but it was me that didn't want to be separated from him.

On Tuesday I left him with his daddy again for the morning while I went to the dentist. They had a great morning and I know his daddy loved having the special time with him. After Christmas I'm going to make a big effort to start leaving him with his daddy a bit more. Think it might be a while before I let anyone else babysit though.

So I completely understand your dilemma!

I totally understand - I think most people would feel the same.
But the first time will always be hard (this is what I keep telling myself) So possibly best to 'just do it' ... and the long time in a car seat is a real concern.

:hugs:

Personally I'm with MO3, I'd take him. But we travel 500 miles to visit in laws so we're used to it. I know what the guidelines say but the reality of modern life means that babies and children do have to travel long distances in the car. It's just a matter of taking a few breaks. We travel when the kids would normally be asleep - usually in the evening or through the night, but also nap times.

its not silly TL i wudnt want/like to leave my LO either im so use to been with him all the time it feels odd without him :shrug: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->