I never realised......

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
I never knew just how fast babies grow up. Before having Earl 6 months seemed like a lifetime. Now he's 6 weeks old, smiling and occasionally giggling, watching things as they move around him and loving music time with Daddy. In just the same amount of time again (which has seemed like a blink of an eye) he will be starting to play with toys and getting more and more independent. In not so much time after that he will be trying his first solid foods, sitting on his own and laughing at me and Daddy. 6 month olds seem so grown up compared to a newborn, and yet Earl seems to be getting there so quickly.

I never thought I would say this but....does it get any slower so I can enjoy him? I am going back to work in May and I'm so scared that that will come and go, and I wont appreciate the time while he is small and I can watch him grow.

can't answer your question about whether it will slow down :hugs:

But, totally agree how fast it's going. Can't believe my LO is going to be 7 weeks on saturday. I was watching a birth program like i did when i was pregnant, and realised she doesnt look like a newborn any more. Her cheeks are filling out, she smiles and makes cute little noises.
I hope the time does slow down though, as i want to make the most of her before she becomes independant.

It does go horribly quick doesn't it? I remember when he was 4 weeks and going through his worst colicy stage and the thought of having to wait until he was 3 months in hopes that it would ease seemed so long away.... and now he is 3 months and he's trying to sit himself up and roll himself over and spends all day talking to me and he's growing out of all the clothes we bought for him for 'when he was older'.... he's not a newborn any more!

It does go so fast! I found myself saying "I can't wait til she does this/that" but now have stopped as its almost like wishing time away and it goes so fast anyway!

It does go so fast! I found myself saying "I can't wait til she does this/that" but now have stopped as its almost like wishing time away and it goes so fast anyway!

I was like this before he smiled and I was so keen for him to start to 'do things' but when I actually looked at when he should do what, goodness, he'll be up and off to University before I know it! :cry:

I know what you mean. I have just made some baby grow extenders for Emma and its weird that even her 6-9 month stuff is going to be too small in a month or so. She is almost crawling, and when she isnt flinging her self off things she is trying to stand up.

It feels like only yesterday we brought her home.............and it makes me a wee bit sad

Time FLIES by now - it's scary! Ilana can already roll onto her side, sit up with support, smile, laugh, chat to me, play peekaboo, grab things... today I saw her watching her feet and wriggling them, so she is noticing them now. She's my baby, how did she learn all that so fast? How did she get in size 4 nappies? How did she get too big for 3-6 month clothes already?!

Just put away almost ALL his newborn things because they're too tiny. 6 weeks went by so fast :(
But I adore him and he gets more and more amazing every day. I'm totally looking forward to every day to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->