I over did it....

Katt36

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a scan my first one and I am 8 and 4. I feel perfectly normal outside of some mood swings. I have had two really hectic days and haven't sat down at all today. Went to go pee and there is blood. Could I have caused a miscarriage? I am laying down now resting and hoping the bleeding will stop. Anyone have any experience with this?

You can't really 'cause' a miscarriage. They say to just go about your days as you normally would. All my days are hectic with looking after two toddlers and picking them up a lot and cleaning and walking a lot etc.

If you saw a heartbeat at the scan the chances of miscarriage are like 2%, if it was transvaginal that could have irritated your cervix which is extra sensetive in pregnancy and caused a bleed.

Fingers crossed it's just one of those unexplained bleeds so many women get, deffo take it easy if you can.

Just trying to reassure you as well that if it is a miscarriage it's NOTHING you have done xx

Thanks ladies! She did do the transvaginal but funny enough she couldn't see anything and she switched to belly. My bladder was quite full. The transvaginal actually really bothered me and I did feel like it irritated my insides. Never even though to think that's what it was! I feel much better now and after sleeping and laying down all night, bleeding stopped. I panicked for a minute. I am going to try to take it easy though.

Sounds like the scan caused it rest up xx

You definitely can't overdo things at this stage. I ran a marathon at 12 weeks!! Fingers crossed it was just the scan that irritated your cervix - good luck x

Ah Kat this may explain why you felt you had no symptoms to begin with, you are a good few weeks earlier than you thought right? I bet it was the vaginal scan. Get lots of rest and drink plenty of water xxx

Ah Kat this may explain why you felt you had no symptoms to begin with, you are a good few weeks earlier than you thought right? I bet it was the vaginal scan. Get lots of rest and drink plenty of water xxx
I am only one week earlier than I thought! I did have scan and everything is great! I run everyday so maybe that was an issue as well. I have taken it down to light jogging and lots of walking. The scan irritated my cervix, I am sure of it. My due date I calculated was October 26th, now it's October 31st.

If your due date is October 31st Hun then you are over 9 weeks not 8+4? Is your first post mistyped or have I misunderstood? I'm 9+2 and due date is 30th October xx

If your due date is October 31st Hun then you are over 9 weeks not 8+4? Is your first post mistyped or have I misunderstood? I'm 9+2 and due date is 30th October xx

I thought she said 8+4 lol. I may have been so nervous and anxious I heard her wrong, but I swear she said 8+4. She gave me due date of October 31st that I am sure of. I never even thought about the 8+4 was focused on due date. Now I need to call her! It was the PA and she too is pregnant. Maybe she is losing her mind as well haha.

So I am 9 weeks and 1 day today. So last Friday I was 8+4, that is correct. I did the math.

Yes thank you for checking in. All is well! I have been up since 5 and will have a long hard day at work trying to stay awake, but other than that I am doing well. How are you doing?

that's good I hope the day passes quick for you

Im good besides having some pressure in my lower abdomen ...

I knew something wasn't right with the dates there! We are nearly bang on same stage. Glad you never had any more blood loss xx

Ya when I posted 8+4 it was the day of appt. we are almost exact spot on!! How fun! I look forward everyday to chatting with all you ladies, such great support and keeps me from driving hubby crazy!! How is everyone else feeling so far?

I just keep having problems with my bowels tmi. I go between constipated to then having really bad stomach cramps and stuck in the bathroom :-/ nausea comes and goes I don't think it's as bad as it was in weeks 6 and 7. The exhaustion seems to have been replaced by my usual insomnia which is a bitch as it makes my nausea and mood swings worse the following day! I just got my dating scan through and it's for next Monday when I will only be 10+1, I'm not having any testing done as I don't see the point when I would never follow up with the amino so that's not an issue but do you think it's a bit early?? X

Awe October 31st is my sons birthday <3 I am glad that you are doing alright now!

I just keep having problems with my bowels tmi. I go between constipated to then having really bad stomach cramps and stuck in the bathroom :-/ nausea comes and goes I don't think it's as bad as it was in weeks 6 and 7. The exhaustion seems to have been replaced by my usual insomnia which is a bitch as it makes my nausea and mood swings worse the following day! I just got my dating scan through and it's for next Monday when I will only be 10+1, I'm not having any testing done as I don't see the point when I would never follow up with the amino so that's not an issue but do you think it's a bit early?? X

Do I think it's too early for the dating scan??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"