I pray this doesn't sound insensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to say i cannot believe this topic has come up again :cry: i too feel utterly honoured for all our wonderful angel mummies to share pictures of their beautiful children with us, and i can't believe some of the insensitive comments.
i think it really highlighted it for me when SANDs closed their forum, and that major support was gone for all our incredible mummies who have lost babies :cry: and i was so pleased bnb could offer support, and from people like me too, who, i cannot begin to imagine what you ladies go through, but i hope that just some hugs or words can help a tiny little bit, you no i think you're amazingly strong.
i think its about time people thought about these women and their beautiful children! you cannot push SID and neo-natal loss in a corner! these are people children ffs! and god forbid any of you ever loss a baby, to hear others don't want to see pictures of your beautiful children! :nope: i'm shocked at peoples lack of empathy!

i think this has got a little out of hand.

everyone is entitled to post pictures of their children, alive or not

I am sorry to see this come up as a thread. I understand the original posters feelings but I also understand the angel mummies feelings. I dont think the OP intended to hurt anyone's feelings with this thread. I too find it very hard to see the pictures of the angel babies, not because I don't see the beauty in them, but just because they are angel babies and I feel sensitive in nature. My sensitivity should not however prevent these moms from using their pictures and it does not. Basically what I am trying to say is that the OP should not feel bad for feeling sensitive to these pictures, this is understandable, and the angel mommies should not feel that their special memories are not important or respected by others.

This a hugely emotive subject, and no matter how hard you try, it can be very difficult to find the words that dont offend/upset/contradict.

We have an angel in our family, and his picture has sat on the mantlepiece for the last 15 years. Not once has a visitor commented negatively on this, in fact, they are more likely to comment on how beautiful he was.

It is hard when you are pregnant and wrapped up in the wonder of your own pregnancy, to be able to face the harsh reality of life and death. But for the majority of you, you will be ultimately blessed with a child. These mums had the same hopes and dreams as you do now, but were robbed of the chance to see these come to fruition. So, yes, it can be hard to see these pictures, but it is so important these babies are remembered. You cant walk down the street pulling up everyone that offends you - you let it pass. So maybe on here, you have to let it pass too.

This isnt to say you arent entitled to an opinion, but I very much doubt you would voice the same opinion in real life if you went in to a house with an angel babies pictures displayed....xxx

*sigh* Im so sorry my baby offends so many people!!

Some of these posts have broke my heart :cry:

:hugs: to you both and to all the other mums of angels on here :hugs:

I can't believe this has come up again. Every parent has a right to share pictures of their children, and I can't even imagine how much harder it must be for those who have lost babies to look at photos of newborns, to hear about other people's children reaching milestones when a few beautiful photos are all they have to show of their own child x

I too have read this thread trying to fight back tears. I'm the same as some other ladies on here, I haven't seen a picture of an angel baby before, not even my own sister. I'm not offended, nor am I honoured. I simply respect those who wish to show their last memories of their children and hope that in doing so, they get some of the comfort that they must desperately need.

Whilst I agree that we are all entitled to an opinion, there are some times when you just need to hold your tongue (or your fingertips) for the sake of other's feelings.

I'm not normally one for censorship but I think some of the replies on this thread should be deleted, not by the moderators, but hopefully the women who've realised how much they've hurt people's feelings.

Here's a bit of advice for you, if you've upset or offended someone, put your hands up and apologise, don't try and defend yourself under the guise of 'freedom of speech'.

Jesus, get some god damn respect! I don't post on here hardly, but have seen a few upset FB status's and just had to comment!!! Don't you think its hard for US!? Were the ones that live with this every single day, all we have our these pictures, im bloody sorry that we didn't get the chance to take pictures of our babies when they were alive, just so we wouldn't upset you!!! You should feel bloody privaliged to see these precious pictures of ours and youl be damned if i ever show my beautiful daughter on here!!!!

Jesus, get some god damn respect! I don't post on here hardly, but have seen a few upset FB status's and just had to comment!!! Don't you think its hard for US!? Were the ones that live with this every single day, all we have our these pictures, im bloody sorry that we didn't get the chance to take pictures of our babies when they were alive, just so we wouldn't upset you!!! You should feel bloody privaliged to see these precious pictures of ours and youl be damned if i ever show my beautiful daughter on here!!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Please don't react that way. I know this might seem mean to the people upset by the photos but sometimes people can't see beyond themselves. I actually don't understand it at all and I've not lost a child. I just don't know how people cant understand that we should be there for our fellow mums and support them in their grief, mourning and celebration.

To all the angel mums PLEASE just continue to be how you are and please don't change or fear upsetting others! :cry: I feel so upset by this thread, not for myself but just for all those mommies who have lost their little ones at whatever stage!! I really think it's should just stop now.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: To all of you and be proud mums of your little ones whether here or passed on. :hugs:

I have never had to go through losing a child but when i see the pictures of the beautiful angels that have been called so soon it makes me smile..i don't feel worried,sad or anything else..these babies are human beings they may not be with us anymore but they are just as precious as our living babies..i feel upset and sad for the parents having to go through that but i thank you ever so much for sharing your precious babies with us xx

well if you see my previous one, id say that is

anyway im going to leave this thread now, its getting way out of hand

I'm sorry and I may be alone in this and am open to other opinions but considering abortion is an obviously emotive subject that is in principle not discussed on B&B due to how some mothers feel I would like to dare to suggest that this thread be closed. Surely its too painful for too many people?

Ok, i think every possible opinion has been expressed, and we should leave it now.

I'm sure those who have offended never meant to offend anyone with their opinions
And i'm very sure Angel Mummies never meant to offend anyone with their pictures of Angels.

It is a sensitive subject so i think we should just drop it now, i think we have come to conclusion that Angel Mummies are free to put up pictures of what ever they choose, just the same as anyone else can.

Love to every single mummy out there, Angel or not xx

I for one will not 'calm down' us grieving mothers should not be made to feel guilty for having our babies as our avatars! Other people have their living children, just because ours have passed away doesn't mean we should keep them hidden!

I have nothing but the utmost respect for all the angel mummies who share their photos. And I am so deeply sorry for all of your losses - you are stronger than anyone could even imagine.

I don't usually post in threads like this but it seems they are getting more and more common. The person who started this thread apologized and removed her comment, yet people are still arguing and tossing hurtful comments more than 24 hours later? More and more I am beginning to think alot of people here on BnB troll through posts to find something to argue about.

In no way am I demeaning the seriousness of this topic. BUT, it's over. She removed the post and I can guarantee there is not one person on this forum who doesn't feel sympathy for the angel mummies.

Enough is enough. This post should be deleted.

some opinions should be kept to themselves in this situation, and the very fact she edited her op means she knows she dam out of order.

bnb is here to support and i for one how ever distressed an angel mummy is respect everything that they need to say, do, or show us if its helping them i'm 100% behind them, we are here to support each other this is a baby forum and all our babies are welcome with their mummy's wether an earth baby or heaven baby.

where has peoples tact gone for goodness sake, how insensitive can some people be.

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back