i probly sound like a spoilt brat moaning about this

Oh and also my MIL bought Daisy a £90 Kate Mack coat last year and it still fits her this year :lol:

so minni bowden and kate mac r all designer stuff?. ok so im thinking this coat isnt the first designer outfits/coat my lo has.

im gonna start looking ito designer stuff now my lo has alot i think almost everything ive googled is designer lol.

money and prices never intrest me so when mil has got lo stuff ive never thought oh wonder how much that cost ive always just ashumed it was normal price stuff.

my mil knows how i feel about expencive clothes and brands so thats why she has never mentioned it lol shes so sneaky hehe.

so minni bowden and kate mac r all designer stuff?. ok so im thinking this coat isnt the first designer outfits/coat my lo has.

im gonna start looking ito designer stuff now my lo has alot i think almost everything ive googled is designer lol.

money and prices never intrest me so when mil has got lo stuff ive never thought oh wonder how much that cost ive always just ashumed it was normal price stuff.

my mil knows how i feel about expencive clothes and brands so thats why she has never mentioned it lol shes so sneaky hehe.

What a lucky lo you have! :flower:

I would feel the same, but having said that there is not really much you can do about it. Like others have said it is her money.

I'm with the other posters, if there is anything you can resell on eBay, I would do that and get LO some new clothes or toys with that money. :) xx

I think it's a shame you can't appreciate the sentiment really. When my lo was born he received some beautiful designer outfits and he still receives clothes as gifts including catamini. Some friends of ours always buy him something from Ralph Lauren and why not? It's their money and they enjoy doing it. Why on earth moan about it. If you hated the item don't use it. It would be ruder IMO to "ask" for an alternative than to graciously accept. My mil always includes receipts with gifts so you could start a tradition of doing that but frankly, unless you need the equivalent value in other clothing just enjoy nice things. Just my opinion.

It is her money I guess but I think £90 is excessive for a coat for a baby. However, I do believe on buying a decent coat and shoes because they can last if you invest in the first place. I never spend much on babygro's/sleepsuits or vests though because they only wear them for bed.

ive given all of her past clothes to charity shops so all the designer stuff i just thought was normal clothes went with them no wonder they sent me a birthday card lol. must love me in that shop.

my other half thinks its funny ive been conned since the day lo was born shes had all the best coats shoes and clothes and ive never known he thinks its cute im thick when it comes to branded clothes.

my mil loves brands and nice clothes and maybe when she visits her friends with lo she wants her in nice expencive clothes cos thats what they buy for the grandkids.

it was more of a shock at first when i found out how much the coat was cos i didnt know but now i kinda see the funny side 2 it.

I wouldn't put Boden as designer but they sell Kate Mack in all the designer kids shops. It's one of the cheaper ones though :)

ive never been to a designer shop so apart from the odd designer label thats really famouse i dont have a clue.

i dont follow fastion i never have i wear clothes i like. so when it comes to designer or fashtion im stumbed.

my child may be dif though if my mil has her way lol.

Daisy got a lovely monsoon coat off my mum last christmas which was really expensive. I was pleased as I'd not have been able to spend that sort of money myself on a coat for her and it looked lovely and wore really well.

You never know how much she spent. And personally I don't really think it's your business. A gift is a gift.

its a gift I would just be happy she was nice enough to give anything at all!
some MILs don't or some don't have anyone to buy nice things for their LOs

Sell it when LO has grown out of it!

MIL bought a Petit bateau sleep bag which was £80! In t for two weeks then it was too small and sold it for £45 on ebay!

I think it is a lovely gesture. Sounds like LO has a good grandma!

I would just keep doing what you are doing and let your LO wear it day in and day out to get the most of it, and more importantly, continue to pass it all on to charity when she outgrows it.

As for the coat you bought her for Christmas, she doesn't care how much clothes cost, and will love it regardless. You got the gift for her, not for what anyone else will think. Enjoy these years when she hadn't been influenced into judging a gift by the price tag attached and appreciates it just for the gift that it is.

I'd say let LO wear it and enjoy it. And once she's out grown either keep a hold of it incase number 2 comes along , sell or charity shop. I'm sure your mil will wake up and stop spending silly money eventually.

You could return your other coat and get something else with the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->