I REALLY need positive opinions. LOW HCG **Updated dropped a few numbers**

I know it's hard not to try to use pregnancy test darkness to gage the viability of a pregnancy (I did all three times and I was wrong each time) but it just isn't reliable unfortunately. Continuing to have your levels checked is your best bet. Preferably from the same lab. Best case your levels were increasing and the test was wrong though they'd have to be way off I'd think. Worst case bouncing levels can sometimes mean an ectopic which is serious and needs monitoring. Let us know how you get on and make sure they do your levels once more to definitely know what's going on. Good luck

The one on top is the one I took before getting my last levels drawn and the one on the bottom is the last one I took today. My clearblue estimator also went from 1-2 to 2-3. Dont know what to think.
[IMG]https://i63.tinypic.com/308xeug.jpg[/IMG]

Only way to know is more betas.
Hugs for being in limbo xxx
Fingers crossed for lab error

Sorry you've been left in limbo land, how confusing for you.

Have you had a scan yet? It's just those lines are much brighter? And numbers dropping and rising can sometimes be a sign of eptopic. Personally I'd go and see a doctor, insist on levels being monitored and if you can get a scan. I'm really hoping that your falling result was just a lab error but I'd say you need to get some medical advice asap.

I know it's hard not to test but I would trust the lab more than frer or any other hpt. I haven't seen good outcomes with numbers rising and dropping but I'll say a prayer for you.

It might be a good idea to get you levels checked again. That test does look a lot darker.

The test is probably darker because hcg had had more time to concentrate in your urine. Blood test are always more reliable and sensitive than hpts. I would def have a recheck of your levels and see what's going on.

Oh no. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. :(

I wish I had answers for you or that I could offer some hope. Unfortunately, the dropping HCG is not a good sign. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you, though.

As for the tests, the second one is much brighter. However, it's really hard to compare them becaus It looks like they are two different test. The first one looks like a basic First Response test (possibly rapid result, or the one out of the digital multi-pack), while the second one looks like a First Response Early Response. That means that they will have two different sensitivity thresholds for HCG, with the second one being more sensitive-- and more likely to show a darker positive at a lower HCG level. Test progression is notoriously faulty for predicting viability, but it is especially so when the tests are not of the same type. Either way, I'm really sorry that you're dealing with this uncertainty. :(

Very sorry you are dealing with this. Unfortunately, falling numbers are rarely a good outcome.

As for tests they are very inaccurate because last week 10 days post completed miscarriage I got a very strong positive in FRER and 1-2 weeks on clear blue. Called doctor and she said any hcg in the system over 50 will give strong positives on the sensitive tests. Your number is literally the fence line for clear blue to go 1-2 or 2-3. I think I'd keep getting betas and make sure it's not ectopic.

Very sorry just been through this.

If you'd like to know quicker.. Go to er and have them draw a quant

At the ER & my levels are now 1253 ! Sooo confused!! Waiting for more orders from the doctor!

Wow! I think it was an error with lab on the previous results.. They may do u/s which will hopefully give you more answers

Hmm... Strange. Maybe an error like the pp said on the previous lab. Hopefully you get an us

Wow, thats great. Im really hoping the last result was a mistake. The only time I know of that you can have an actual drop and a healthy pregnancy is if you were pregnant with twins and lost one but the other one was okay your levels were pretty low for twins. If it keeps going up well now it seems like there might have been a mistake with your last result.

With my first baby, I had a drop in my hcg, followed by a rise. He ended up being a healthy little guy. But he is the only time I've ever heard of that happening, though I'm sure I can't be alone. I was further along though, 8 weeks. My levels were in the 70,000 during the drop, then subsequently rose a few days later to 89,000ish. He also had a dramatic drop in levels at 12w(sudden drop to 10,000). I just wanted to tell you that there has been cases of positive outcomes after an hcg drop.

Good luck. I hope it's positive news. But like others have said, definately see a doctor and see if you can't get in for an early scan asap to rule out ectopic, etc.

Usually a drop after high hcg levels is normal! But so early on, the fluctuating numbers indicates miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. It's time for an ultrasound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->