I seem to have Mageirocophobia

InvisibleRain

Reaction score
Hey guys!
It's been too long since i've been here! hope you're all well <3 :)

I figured here would be the best place to voice my concerns and get some gentle and nice guidance, since it's helped greatly in the past <3

I've had this phobia since i was around 14 years old... (i am 24) where i am afraid of using the gas stove.. it freaks the living shit out of me, therefore... i don't cook... :/ which leads to Mageirocophobia, i have a minor form of it.. I really need to break from it.... Ive tried talking about it, turning the gas stove on and off etc.... but.... I just can't bring myself to step foward and cook something, it scares me.... I really want to beat this for myself but of course mostly for my family, my little girl.... Hubby has been the cook all along, he likes to cook.. but i'd love to cook for him and Rayne.. i'd like to. but this fear/phobia drags me down! i need to beat the ******* in the head!.. any suggestions? Be nice please..... :(

Thankyou in advance.

Can't offer any advice on getting over your fears as I am still trying to work out how to do it myself but once I find out how I will share. Lol.

Is it possible for you to get an electric stove? I find them safer/better to use and have always had one.

Good luck. X

I also prefer the electric stove, when we had gas i always had anxieties that i'd left it on and dont get that with the electric one xx

I hate gas stoves, simply because I'm always worried I will leave it on, or worried about a gas leak. My mother doesn't have a sense of smell, and I walked into her home a few times and smelled gas straight away. She lights up her cigarettes in the house too :shock: It was enough for me to buy her a gas detector for Christmas once :lol:

I would suggest a ceramic or electric stove, instead of gas. Has that got a ifferent effect? don't forget steamers too; you can cook practically anything in a steamer. You get multi-layered ones which you can use to separate the types of food too (like fish, then veg, then rice etc).

Like this: https://www.homeandcook.co.uk/tefal-simply-invents-food-steamer

Thanks guys <3 means alot you're all kind enough to reply and come up with suggestions and experiences. Looks like im not entirely alone.. :) thankyou all....

We dont have the money to put an Electric stove on, nor do i know we can... the place isn't ours either.. and we'll be moving soon, as our lease is up April... Maybe when we move to our own place? Hubby showed me how easy it is to put the stove on last night after i spoke to him about it.. he's somewhat eased me, as its one of the stoves where you push down, it clicks (the clicks freak me out) then turn the knob and it lights up.... i hate the ones where you have to push the button in.. >.< luckily ours isnt lol... but it's also having no idea how to cook something LMAO, fear i'll get it wrong or burn something! so confusing :(.... Hubby makes it sound so easy! lol <3.... How can something so simple be so confusing and hard for me? I can give birth with only gas and Air but i cant cook? Pathetic!....

we're renting and were lucky enough that this house already had the electric stove in! :) maybe you should cook together for a few weeks until youre used to it and comfortable with it. then try something small when youre on your own? oh and to avoid burning just keep the gas on the lowest setting, might take longer though!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"