I slipped in the snow :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Emma1980, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Emma1980

Emma1980 Mummy to Finley

I knew, just knew i should of stayed home today, but nooooo, so bored of staying in and only got on the next bloody street and i slip!!
    I didnt hit the floor, caught myself on some car, lol - but i must of been in a funky position, i literally did the splits and twisted all my body, i've really hurt myself, can hardly walk... not sure if its baby pains or arthritis pains but I really hurt!!:cry:

I know bubs is okay, he's wriggling away and i didnt bang myself at all, just got into a funky position, my pelvis/hip area is extremely sore.. I'll be okay wont i? as i didnt bump my tum at all?

2. i would get checked out if your unsure, i cant see why bubs would be affected though
    hope your ok. We havent had any snow where i liv yet :(

3. bubbles_cymru

bubbles_cymru Well-Known Member

oh honey rest - as long as u didn't fall on your tummy you'll be fine! sit and relax :hugs: xxxxxx

4. Boomerslady

Boomerslady Well-Known Member

Ahhh Hun :hugs:

I think if You didn't hit bump and buba is wriggling away you should be ok, they are well protected. Maybe just be extra vigilant about movement for a few days.

I hope your hips/pelvic area get better. Don't do anything for a few days and juat try and relax. It mustve been a shock.

5. PieMistress

PieMistress Proud and happy Mummy

Hi Emma,

I've slipped/fallen a couple of times when pregnant and it's been fine (didn't land on tummy). I just went home and totally chilled out for the rest of the day. I did get a right fright though :( If you are really worried go and get it checked out but if he's still wriggling away am sure you'll be fine xx

6. Emma1980

Emma1980 Mummy to Finley

Thanks ladies, i'm not really worried cos he is wriggling but i did get some pain in my belly afterwards, but i think thats just cos there was nowhere i could just sit down for 5 minutes... that or the weird position i got myself into!

will someone go upstairs and get me my pjs? lol :(

7. Dream.A.Dream

Dream.A.Dream Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!

I agree, if you didn't land on tummy you'll probably be fine but if you're worried then go and be checked, they won't mind. xx

8. teal

teal Well-Known Member

I would agree that if you're worried it might be worth while getting checked :hugs: xx

9. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

oohh i'd be tempted to get checked out - mind you I would only sit and stress if I didnt so go with your gut xxx

10. NuKe

NuKe mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

sounds like bubs is ok, but i wud still get checked just to be on the safe side! have a nice bath to ease your poor pelvis! :hug:

11. littledancer

littledancer Well-Known Member

Sounds like baby is 100% okay but, if I was in your situation, I might go get checked out anyways- but I'm a bit of an over-nervous nelly!

12. sweetie_c

sweetie_c Well-Known Member

Just keel an eye on movement but looks like you have nothing to worry about. Please stay home and rest up :hugs:

13. jem02

jem02 Mirren 16/01/10

Hope ur ok hunny- it's really icy outside where I stay home so I'm not venturing out. Have a nice relaxing afternoon xxx

14. New2Bumps

New2Bumps Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys

Yeah you'll be fine, I expect it hurts more because of the extra weight you're carrying and all that!

15. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

Poor you - think I'd avoid a trip to A&E on Friday night before xmas if I could, but think a night with your feet up, and maybe a nice warm bubble bath, is in order :)

Hope you feel better soon.

16. Caz-x

Caz-x ʚϊɞ

Poor you, but I know how you feel. I went to put recycling out last night and fell whilst stepping down to the bins on black ice - one leg up the step and the other down it. Never saw it coming, just landed in a heap on the floor. Hurt my leg bad tho :( Massive bruises n lumps on my shin & my back /pelvis/hips are now worse than normal. I was worried about flump, but was moving about just fine. I got a hot bath and just chilled out lots. Was worried about going out again today, but just walked very slowly & carefully lol - snails pace comes to mind :rofl:

Take care ladies x

17. Emma1980

Emma1980 Mummy to Finley

A & E on mad friday JayDee - not a chance!!!

yea caz - thats where my pain is! hope you feel better soon too hun!

Thanks for the concern ladies, gonna take your advice and rest up - i know bubs is ok, just the pain i gotta deal with!

18. Sekhmet

Sekhmet First-time mum

Sorry to hear that - I feel for ya! My walk to/from work today was VERY treacherous... I slipped several times (despite my cautious waddle-hobble) but luckily didn't fall. Yet, my hips, pelvis, and belly are still quite sore now, just from the effort of navigating the slick pavement. Hope you feel better soon!

19. babybaillie

babybaillie Well-Known Member

You should fone the maternity ward and tell them what happened. let them decide wether u need to be seen or not. Better to be safe than sorry xx