I swear I feel this baby moving! I might be further along than I thought.

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
So my LMP was June 23rd, but it was very brief. And now I'm wondering if it was a period at all. I didn't start noticing pregnancy symptoms until the very end of July, though.

They gave me a test at the doctor's office on August 1st that they said was negative. But I got a dark positive one at home on that same day.

I figured I was just getting pregnant then. But I felt like maybe I felt the baby yesterday and I thought "No, that just can't be." But now it's unmistakable...if that's not the baby moving, I don't know what else it is. It feels just like it did with my son when I knew he was moving around for sure.

I am eager to find out now. I will know in about 10 days. I don't know what else could feel like a small frog is jumping right in my uterus right in the middle.

Maybe my uterus is twitching somehow? I really don't know.

Hm... it does sound like you could be further along! Between palpation, uterine fundal height measurements, weight gain patters, and period data, you can get an idea of how far along you are. If you want to do a dating scan, that will also give you an estimate. It just depends on your feelings about scans. Personally, I prefer to avoid non-medically indicated scans.

They are doing an ultrasound on August 25th because I told them that I wasn't sure how far along I was. But, I don't know how to check my own fundal height. I will probably just have to wait to know for sure.

The only other possibility I can factor is that I am just feeling everything more this time than last time. So, maybe I'm just feeling some things I didn't feel the first time around.

I hate to be negative, and it would be awesome if you were feeling movement, but it sounds like it could just be gas bubbles. It can be difficult to differentiate in early pregnancy. Also, after I had my twins, I would feel "phantom movements" that would freak me out, because I wasn't pregnant. If you had a negative test at the Drs on August 1st, I don't think you could be too much further along. The doctors tests are weaker than HPTs, but they should detect it by 16-20 DPO, which wouldn't put you too much further. You will probably feel movements sooner than you did with your first pregnancy, but the earliest would probably be at around 10 weeks.

I hate to be negative, and it would be awesome if you were feeling movement, but it sounds like it could just be gas bubbles. It can be difficult to differentiate in early pregnancy. Also, after I had my twins, I would feel "phantom movements" that would freak me out, because I wasn't pregnant. If you had a negative test at the Drs on August 1st, I don't think you could be too much further along. The doctors tests are weaker than HPTs, but they should detect it by 16-20 DPO, which wouldn't put you too much further. You will probably feel movements sooner than you did with your first pregnancy, but the earliest would probably be at around 10 weeks.

Yeah, I don't know. It could be gas, but it doesn't feel at all like gas. I had phantom movements after my son as well. The only thing about the negative doctor test is that I never saw the test. I don't really know if it came out negative for sure. The nurse poked her head in and said it was negative. But that same day I got a very bold positive on my HPT. I just don't see how the doctor's test was really negative. I really won't know what happened. I wish I had asked to see it at the time.

I had the same thing happen the first time I went to the dr. I had already had 5 blaring positives and theirs didn't detect it until I went in a week later. I guess to put it in a different perspective, if your lmp in July wasn't actually a period, then you would be about a week ahead of me, because my first missed period was July 27th. I got my first positive on June 23rd and the doctors detected it on June 30th... The nurse would have had to be blind to miss it at that point because on august 1st you would have been closer to 10 weeks

So my LMP was June 23rd, but it was very brief. And now I'm wondering if it was a period at all. I didn't start noticing pregnancy symptoms until the very end of July, though.

They gave me a test at the doctor's office on August 1st that they said was negative. But I got a dark positive one at home on that same day.

I figured I was just getting pregnant then. But I felt like maybe I felt the baby yesterday and I thought "No, that just can't be." But now it's unmistakable...if that's not the baby moving, I don't know what else it is. It feels just like it did with my son when I knew he was moving around for sure.

My lmp was June 30 and I'm 6w4d. I am feeling things too, think I'm
Crazy:haha:

I had the same thing happen the first time I went to the dr. I had already had 5 blaring positives and theirs didn't detect it until I went in a week later. I guess to put it in a different perspective, if your lmp in July wasn't actually a period, then you would be about a week ahead of me, because my first missed period was July 27th. I got my first positive on June 23rd and the doctors detected it on June 30th... The nurse would have had to be blind to miss it at that point because on august 1st you would have been closer to 10 weeks

Yeah, it seems unlikely that I'd be at 10 weeks. Will find out in a week or so.

I hope you get some answers! That roller coaster of not knowing must be frustrating. Either way, the thought of feeling the baby is wonderful! There's nothing wrong with holding on to hope that it is baby you're feeling

My friend and I are both in first tri and we have both said the same thing, we have felt definite flutters in that area. We both know our dates so know that it can't possibly be baby that we are feeling. However, I do strongly believe that it is the pregnancy iykwim. Perhaps increased blood flow to the uterus means that we are feeling our pulse, or feeling small fluttery contractions of the uterus as it stretches. Like you, this is not my first pregnancy, so I thing our bodies know what to do, so it does it quicker, so we can feel it. So in a way these movements that we are feeling are because of baby :)

Edit: in fact I felt it less as I get further along, felt it much more a 7 weeks than I do at nine! Strange, but sorta backs up my theory

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->