I think baby has dropped??!!

ashley2pink

Mom to 4 girls
Reaction score
So, this started a few days ago. I had pelvic pain, the front of my pelvis-where the Dr. puts the measuring tape to measure fundal height, that part of my pelvis. Its a sharp pain, and I remember getting this with my 2nd daughter suddenly(I think at 33-34 weeks) and then a few days later my Dr telling me she had dropped. The next morning I looked in the mirror and my bump looked lower. I wasnt even thinking about the previous pelvic pain, but seeing my belly looking lower clicked that she may have already dropped. I'm only 26+4. The reason it looks lower is because there is suddenly more space between my belly and boobs, and its norticeable. Also I have had the pelvic pain a couple more times.
Is this even normal to be dropping so soon? Does this mean I will deliver early? I'm so confused!

I have no idea what could be happening. Have you given your doctor a call?

I hope it doesn't mean anything bad!

Hmmm....i think I would just give the Dr a call during business hours and mention it. Unless the pain is unbearable and is like labor pains then I don't think I would worry too much. Good luck and keep us posted

If its really worrying you, I'd give the doc a call. It would be reassuring if nothing else. Maybe she would be able to give you an idea of what is going on?

Well, I will call tomorrow. My Dr. is actually on vacation this whole week, so I will just have to have some random on-call Dr. check me... if they think I need to be checked.

My baby is head down as well and has been since week 16. We havent been able to see her face for any of the scans as she is so far down in my pelvis that the ultrasounds can't reach her :(

I asked the sonographer why this has happened and she said it might be because of the shape of my womb or maybe because baby was just really comfy down there and didn't want to move. She didn't seem concerned about her position at all.

So, has your baby dropped? There's a difference between dropping and being head down- I'm not sure which way my baby is, but I'm guessing head down if she is dropped. I'm hoping she isnt' but I cant help think she is. I think I'm going to wait until my appointment next week to be seen

Went in today and my Dr. checked to see if she is dropped and said she is head down and low, but not dropped. Not sure exactly what that means, but feeling good she isnt quite dropped yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->