I think I felt my first kick yesterday!

Gypsy_Punk

Mummy to 3 angels
Reaction score
They were moving a lot, very active and the baby on my left kicked, or at least I think he did. It was a sharp type movement that made me jump, it really took my by surprise. Not felt anything like that before! It was different to the "tumbleweed" floating around sensation.

What do you think...kick or no kick?

Sounds like ya first kick, congrats!

SO you know which one is sitting where yet or do they still change position alot as in swap places?

Sounds like a kick :D

I just felt mine about 10mins ago :mrgreen: This is my 2nd though so its normal to feel them this early...x

My consultant said maternal left, maternal right and then one is across my tummy button and they will probably stay where they are.

Aww wow, so sorry what doe maternal mean? (in triplet context?)

Aww wow, so sorry what doe maternal mean? (in triplet context?)

I've no idea, I am just quoting what she said! Midwife calls it that too!

I just googled it and it came up with this...

KEYWORDS
fetal presentation • maternal positioning • pregnancy
Abstract

Aim: Approximately two-thirds of term vertex fetuses are in the left occiput position in utero. However, little is understood about the physiology of maternal–fetal positioning during pregnancy. It was hypothesized that fetal left occiput positioning is affected by maternal positioning. The present study was designed to investigate the relationship between maternal positioning in late pregnancy and fetal positioning in utero.

Methods: A prospective cohort study was conducted at Ueda Hospital, Kobe, Japan. Eligible women were limited to low-risk pregnancies ending in spontaneous vaginal delivery with singleton vertex fetuses. Information obtained from the mother included the preference of positioning during sleep in the second half of pregnancy. Fetal information recorded after delivery included fetal positioning.

Results: Eighty-one (50.6%) of 160 evaluated women preferred left lateral positioning while 70 (43.8%) women preferred right lateral positioning in the second half of pregnancy. Seventy-seven (51.7%) of 149 evaluated fetuses were in the left occiput position while 72 (48.3%) fetuses were in the right occiput position in utero. Maternal left lateral positioning with fetal left occiput position in utero was the predominant positioning (41 of 149, 27.5%). However, there was no statistical relationship between maternal positioning and fetal occiput positioning in utero.

Conclusion: More women prefer the left lateral position during the second half of pregnancy. More fetuses are in the left occiput in utero during the late stage of pregnancy. However, no statistical relationship was observed between maternal and fetal positioning.

UGH!!!!!!!! LOL me no understand that! LOL

SO basially you just have one on each side and one in the middle! hehe. It's so amazing pregnancy let alone when there's mutliples!

UGH!!!!!!!! LOL me no understand that! LOL

SO basially you just have one on each side and one in the middle! hehe. It's so amazing pregnancy let alone when there's mutliples!

Lol I don't get it neither but yep that's where they are!

Awww thats great hunny, so happy things are going well with all 3 babies :hugs: xxx

Awww congrats! :happydance:

I didn't even attempt reading through the link you copy & pasted [sorry haha...I'm tired and can't process it!] but I THINK by saying one baby is maternal right that means he's on YOUR right rather than the right if we were looking at you...and same the other side etc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->