I think I FINALLY have an answer!! subchorionic hemorrhage, is the culprit.

I am prepared to dx with one tomorrow for my first scan. At around 4 or 5 weeks, I bled with large clots and was sure it was done. My betas kept doubling. I still get a bit of bleeding at times, but it may be my progesterone suppositories.

As long as you aren't cramping, you should be okay. That's what my clinic told me.

I have a healthy, happy 18month old son now. The pregnancy was full of complications though- starting at 12 weeks with major bleeding. Same cause as you mentioned the subchorionic hem. (If you search the forums on this topic, you'll find other women writing in and you'll see my story as well). I bled on and off for about 6 weeks, with 2 major bleeding episodes including clots and bad cramping. In and out of the ER. At one point, a doc on call over the phone told me I was miscarrying (she hadn't seen any of my records, just have that judgement over the phone)...was so angry at her! But needless to say, her pronouncement didn't come true. My son was born early at 29weeks, though it wasn't connected to the bleeding.

Anyways, just wanted to share and let you know that that in the vast majority of sch bleeds, everything turns out fine (and don't believe everything a doc says if it's negative in the absence of any evidence). Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->