I think I have ovulated but no BBT rise ....?

thesmiths88

Reaction score
I had a positive OPK test on Sat and Sun and it has now gone negative again. I have had EWCM since Friday and still have. However, there is no rise in my BBT yet? I was assuming I had ovulated based on the OPK and EWCM, but when I tested my BBT this morning it was still low, but my OPK is showing negative now. How can that be (and should I still be :sex:)?

Thanks !

I can't offer much advice because I'm in exactly the same situation!!
I really should have ovulated by now going on positive opks, and EWCM, but my temp hasn't gone up !
Hopefully someone will come along who has some has some ideas !!! :?

Temp rise is the only thing that confirms O had actually happened, you can still get +ve OPK's and EWCM with O'ing. Keep BD'ing until you see the temp rise as you haven't O'd yet.

Me too.. no temp rise, opk started going positive then nothing again today, ewcm friday and sat but gone now! Its so confusing. I am stuck out in the middle of nowhere (i.e. not even mobile phone signal), just so that I can be with my oh so that we can get some bd in (he works here at the moment)...I want to go home cos its boring here, but think I need to stay to get that :spermy: in me. FF reckons I will ov on Thursday but I don't think I can wait here that long!

I had a positive OPK test on Sat and Sun and it has now gone negative again. I have had EWCM since Friday and still have. However, there is no rise in my BBT yet? I was assuming I had ovulated based on the OPK and EWCM, but when I tested my BBT this morning it was still low, but my OPK is showing negative now. How can that be (and should I still be :sex:)?

Thanks !
can you post us a link so we can take a peep..:hugs:

I have just found this on fertilityfriend:

You have recorded a positive OPK result on your chart. Ovulation Prediction Kits detect a surge of LH (luteinizing hormone) in your urine. This is last hormone to peak before ovulation. In most cases, you can expect to ovulate the day following your positive OPK result. You may, however, ovulate later the same day, or the following day.

To maximize your conception chances, keep considering yourself as fertile for several days after seeing a positive OPK result. If you are also checking your temperature and cervical fluid, consider yourself fertile until you also see a sustained thermal shift and cervical fluid has dried up.

OPKs tell you that ovulation is likely imminent and you are most fertile. In most cases, ovulation soon follows after a positive OPK result. A positive OPK result, however, does not indicate ovulation with certainty, nor does it pinpoint your ovulation day to within a narrow timeframe. Only your temperature sign which reflects a rise of progesterone after ovulation, will confirm and pinpoint ovulation for you.

So it looks like I haven't ovulated yet and that the a +OPK is only a sign that ovulation is about to take place, not that it is ACTUALLY taking place.

Here is my chart:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2750b5

OPKs detect a surge in the leutenizing hormone, which normally occurs just before ovulating. However, it is possible to have that surge and not ovulate - your body gets geared up to ovulate but the egg doesn't quite make it out, ifyou see what I mean.

A consistent rise in BBT is a more reliable method of telling whether you've ovulated or not. If your BBT hasn't risen, it may be that either you haven't ovulated yet, or that you're having an annovulatory cycle. Don't lose hope though, it may simply be that you're ovulating later than usual. What cycle day are you on?

OPKs detect a surge in the leutenizing hormone, which normally occurs just before ovulating. However, it is possible to have that surge and not ovulate - your body gets geared up to ovulate but the egg doesn't quite make it out, ifyou see what I mean.

A consistent rise in BBT is a more reliable method of telling whether you've ovulated or not. If your BBT hasn't risen, it may be that either you haven't ovulated yet, or that you're having an annovulatory cycle. Don't lose hope though, it may simply be that you're ovulating later than usual. What cycle day are you on?

I'm on CD21. My cycles are irregular tho since coming off the pill in December - anything between 28 and 37 days. I really hope I am ovulating - don't want to have gone to all this effort for nothing this month!

I'm on CD21. My cycles are irregular tho since coming off the pill in December - anything between 28 and 37 days. I really hope I am ovulating - don't want to have gone to all this effort for nothing this month!

I know exactly how you feel. I'm on CD20 and had gradually darkening lines on my OPKs right up to yesterday, when the line suddenly faded again. But no BBT rise yesterday or today. I'm praying for a rise tomorrow, otherwise I guess this is an annovulatory cycle and I have to go through the waiting for AF to just arrive already all over again. It's a frustrating process.

Don't give up or stop testing- the OPK's might get darker as your body can try to gear up to ovulate again after a failed attempt.

Same here! I woke up, crossed my fingers, took my temp... and it's 36.35. Like it is every morning. BAH.

My temp has finally moved !!! Only a smidge, but its gone up from 36.55 to 36.67 which I'm hoping means I've ovulated ! I just need it to stay raised now
I've also got very sore boobs this morning so thats got to be a progesterone increase surely ? :?:

Hope your temps go up soon ladies

xx

Do you think mine has anything to do with the fact I started with Agnus Castus this month? I took it because my cycles aren't regular (37, 37, 32 and 28 so far) but perhaps they aren't classed as irregular? If so, I have read that AC isn't so good for you if you have "regular" cycles - anyone know?

Same here! I woke up, crossed my fingers, took my temp... and it's 36.35. Like it is every morning. BAH.

I read some where if you have a "flat" temp line it may be that you need to change the battery in your thermometer...

Do you think mine has anything to do with the fact I started with Agnus Castus this month? I took it because my cycles aren't regular (37, 37, 32 and 28 so far) but perhaps they aren't classed as irregular? If so, I have read that AC isn't so good for you if you have "regular" cycles - anyone know?

hi AC is only for irregular cycles only..and do not take it once you O ..:hugs:

I read some where if you have a "flat" temp line it may be that you need to change the battery in your thermometer...

I was exaggerating - it's not dead on the same every day, it does vary, but rarely by more than 0.15 degrees. Thanks for the tip though, if it stops changing completely I'll check!

I thought having ones of 37, 37, 32 then 28 was fairly irregular - isn't it?

It's not wildly irregular. It's not 20 days then 40 days, for example. Like you, I bought some agnus castus, then read that it's really only meant for irregular cycles and since mine have only varied between 30 and 37 days, I changed my mind and decided not to take it after all.

I thought having ones of 37, 37, 32 then 28 was fairly irregular - isn't it?

l think you willl find that some ladys take it with very very long cycles or

absent :witch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->