• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I think I have PCOS :/

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Ok ladies you know I've been posting ALOT these last 3 days but I just need a girl that is going through what I'm going through to talk to...

My DH doesn't understand and just gets frustrated..

I haven't been successful at getting pregnant naturally.. I did end up getting on clomid about 5 years ago and gotten pregnant but sadly that ended up in a miscarriage at 8 weeks..

So I was looking up PCOS symptoms and so far I've gotten every symptom from..
acne, thinning hair, weight gain, facial hair.. etc..
The last time I went to my OBGYN she just stated that I have multiple cysts but didn't say anything about PCOS..

How do you get pregnant with this?

I personally don't have PCOS, but loads of women on here do and with healthy diet and sometimes meds for docs they do get successful pregnancy. Though it ended in miscarriage you did get pregnant the once so you are not infertile. It just is harder for you. I wish you luck on your continued journey of TTC.

Hey girl,

I have PCOS and was diagnosed back in late September. I got my IUD removed in April when me and DH started ttc. My cycles were crazy irregular ranging from 50-70 days so it was pretty clear that I wasn't ovulating.

I completely understand how frustrating it is thinking your "late" only to find out that you must have never even O'ed.

I just started my third round of Femara and I have been ovulating and my cycles have generally been 32 days with ovulation on cd 18-20. As weird as it may sound, I have heard women say that PCOS is the best type of infertility to have because normally after your doctor is able to find the right RX/dose to induce ovulation, it's really just a matter of time.

I'm assuming you haven't been on any hormonal birth controls in the previous months that could be messing with your cycle? Do you temp? Sometimes you can get things moving along faster if you chart your bbt and prove that you aren't O'ing.

Best of luck to you. Hope the New Year will bring you your sticky BFP

I have pretty severe pcos. I got pregnant with my son after 8 years on my first round of clomid.

Fast forward to ttc #2 I have had a chemical on clomid and a chemical while taking lydia pinkham (herbal). I've since ovulated but not gotten pregnant on clomid and femara. I'm now taking lydia pinkham again because I have been referred to the fertility clinic but can't go until summer. I figured since it worked once maybe it will again.

Also, with pcos a low carb diet is really a great thing as it balances hormones. There are tons of stories about bfp after going low carb.

Yeah I've heard low carb diet is good. I was actually on that diet a few years back and I lost 38 lbs doing it!
So far no :witch: yet but felt like AF was coming today cause I was having some mild cramping and back ache but it was just CM..
Trying to find the $1 pregnancy tests so I can move on from this!

Hey rusty,
I have PCOS too. I have chosen to try things without meds for a few months and I have been very successful lowering a few stray hormones by removing dairy, carb control ( I could certainly be lower) and a few key supplements. Stress and weight crontrol are also key if you can find a way, which is not easy. Other than that, get your 21 day hormone profile (or 7 dpo would be way better and way more accurate). It tells you all sorts of things. I think most importantly it shows progesterone levels which is easy to supplement and can make a world of difference symptom wise and fertility wise. I would also say chart. Have you considered it? It is super helpful, especially when working with PCOS. How long have you been TTC?

I have PCOS too and unfortunately my doctor has told me that it will not get any better with age which is why I'm pushing to TTC our fourth and final baby, as DH and I have both always wanted a big family. He is 1 of 7 and I was an only child so we decided to meet somewhere in the middle lol and settled on four. PCOS is making it challenging though. I don't ovulate every cycle and can't really set a TTC date because I never know if I'll ovulate that cycle. I kind of have to TTC around ovulation.

Although most with PCOS have elevated LH levels all the time, for me my opks don't even get dark most cycles and don't get anywhere close to the control line. During cycles I do ovulate, I have a very quick surge (I'll be lucky if I catch it on opks) and I have to time intercourse right before the surge to catch the egg. If I wait until afterwards, I will miss it. I've also had several miscarriages from what I suspected to be low progesterone due to PCOS so I feel your pain. I have to chart every month and on the cycles I do ovulate I use progesterone cream and baby aspirin in the 2WW to aid implantation. I know this isn't really offering a cure for it but I thought I'd share my advice on how I became pregnant with PCOS :hugs:

I have PCOS too and unfortunately my doctor has told me that it will not get any better with age which is why I'm pushing to TTC our fourth and final baby, as DH and I have both always wanted a big family. He is 1 of 7 and I was an only child so we decided to meet somewhere in the middle lol and settled on four. PCOS is making it challenging though. I don't ovulate every cycle and can't really set a TTC date because I never know if I'll ovulate that cycle. I kind of have to TTC around ovulation.

Although most with PCOS have elevated LH levels all the time, for me my opks don't even get dark most cycles and don't get anywhere close to the control line. During cycles I do ovulate, I have a very quick surge (I'll be lucky if I catch it on opks) and I have to time intercourse right before the surge to catch the egg. If I wait until afterwards, I will miss it. I've also had several miscarriages from what I suspected to be low progesterone due to PCOS so I feel your pain. I have to chart every month and on the cycles I do ovulate I use progesterone cream and baby aspirin in the 2WW to aid implantation. I know this isn't really offering a cure for it but I thought I'd share my advice on how I became pregnant with PCOS :hugs:

You know, I have read that age can sometimes help lower some of the problem hormones and that more women with PCOS have children later easier than when they are younger. Not sure how good the article was that I read. Still, something that gives me a bit of hope.

I was diagnosed with pcos at 13 so 14 years ago. To conceive my daughter I lost 40lbs going low carb and exercising a lot and was taking vitex and lots of vitamins PCOS ladies are known to be deficient in like vitamin d and a b complex. Now I'm using inositol and Vitex and am on a diet as well. I've lost over 40lbs now and am on a low everything diet to lose my last 10 or so to get to my goal. I also use natural progesterone cream from O to AF.

Totally possible to get pregnant with PCOS without fertility meds. And there's fertility meds too. Lots of options. First step should be to make an appointment with your doctor for bloodwork and an ultrasound to get a diagnosis.

I agree with low carb. I conceived my first after 18 months, finally having gone low carb for the last 3 months of TTC. I conceived my second just after doing a Whole30 (strongly recommended!!!!!!). I also conceived my fourth baby half-way through a Whole30 and my current (FIFTH) just a month or two after - you guessed it - a Whole30.

I also take a B complex with Methylfolate in it and D3 for health purposes, not fertility.

Hey xdxxtx, what is whole30? I'm curious

Its like a combination of an elimination diet where you eliminate potential food sensitivities (which are different than allergies) and a paleo style program.just for 30 days although there are some good habits your supposed to carry over from the challenge. There is a website and a book if I remember

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"