I think I just figured out my infertility!!!

Impatientone

Reaction score
So, I've been trying to concieve for 7 months with no such luck. I was on the pill for 10 years and just came off. my periods were regular for a few months then got reeeeally long. my temps started to fluctuate and now my "normal" is a long (about 35-36 days) cycle and I ovulate late. (Now confirming ovulation with a CBFM). Just yesterday my husband (also night shift) and I were sitting outside eating "breakfast" after work and he made a comment about how that's the first contact with sunlight he's had in months. Little did he know I was JUST wondering why my periods were so long and how I could fix it. Then it hit me- perhaps it has something to do with sunlight. I walk my dogs at night, grocery shop at night and the only sunlight I see is indirect morning light walking from my car to my house and the breif moments I stand outside waiting for my dogs to potty. After a lot of google research I learned that cycle length is directly influenced by sunlight! (One hour of direct sunlight after waking to be exact!).
Also, an interesting fact... Before the invention of artificial light, all women would ovulate during a full moon and menstruate during the new moon. You can replicate this natural rhythm by getting 1 hour of direct sunlight and placing a 50watt light bulb on your nightstand and turning it on while you sleep from CD 12-14 to trigger ovulation!!! I'm starting a new job (day shift!) next month and will be able to test this out! Will keep everyone posted to the results but I'm super excited about this being a natural remedy (I was almost certain thousands of dollars of fertility treatments were in my future). I hope this is my answer but it really does make sense in my situation.

My normal cycles were 35 days, ovulating on day 21 ish and this didnt affect me getting pregnant. The problems were with husband. Dr said as long as the timing is right late ovulation makes no difference, if it is regular. I was also on contraception for a long, long time.

If you're not getting much sun, then the problem will be that you are deficient in Vitamin D. Even if there is some in your prenatal vitamins, that's usually not enough to overcome a deficiency. Vitamin D is certainly involved in fertility, so supplementing would probably be a good idea for a while. You can safely take 1000-2000 units per day.

That's true vitamin D is a BIG one! But you also are on to something, called Lunaception. If your LF is short then you can try to help your body regulate by using the 'light' at night.
I've read it works! Im attempting it but we usually sleep blackout most of the time.
Im also trying Vitex this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->