I think I'm going to throw him out!

M

mandaxx

I can't handle my OH snoring anymore! He's driving me insane. We have tried everything, nothing works. I had next to no sleep again last night, that's several weeks surviving on only a few hours a night. Last night some bloody dog and cat decided to join in the keeping me up fun by barking and meowing all bloody night! It's just beyond a joke! He's going on the sofa before I kill him! I'm overdue, and very very tired its not fair!

Awwww hun, that's not good as you'll need your sleep. He might have to go on the sofa then so that you can sleep as you'll need some energy for labour. Hope you can catch up on some sleep during the day :hugs:

Still weeks before Im due, and my husband has been on the sofa for well over a month already :p
Do what you need to do in order to get some sleep!

Has he tried any snoring remedies - nose strips, etc? Might be worth a go.

You poor thing. :hugs: sleeping in pregnancy is hard enough as it is. Have you tried going to bed before him so you are asleep before he comes in? Ear plugs? It's hard isn't it. Thinking a night on the sofa will have to happen. You need some sleep! Good luck. :flower:

Ear plugs my dear!! Worn them for years I swear by them! You can still hear stuff but its muffled. May help you a little!! X

I nearly wrote a post about wanting to ask my dh to sleep in the other room, so good to see I'm not alone! I wear earplugs and a sleeping mask, but I am tossing and turning all night and he is taking up the bed and making it so warm, snoring. It's a double and kin of small. I just can't sleep and I think I'd do better on my own for a few nights. He's on call tonight so I'm going to suggest he sleep in the other bedroom (as hospital will be calling all night), but I feel too guilty to boot him out other nights. I'll see how I get on tonight and if I actually sleep we may need to talk:( I'm sorry you're suffering too; it's awful not sleeping properly. Earplugs can make a huge difference if you don't already use them.

I have cotton wool in my ears and i get a good half an hour's head start on him in bed so i can be asleep when he comes up. If i don't have a restless night he doesn't wake me, if i do have a restless night he ends up on the couch! We've just accepted that's our routine for now. Its no fun, im sure he wouldn't mind going down stairs if it means you're rested.

On some cases, snoring is a disease. Send him to a doctor!:D Also, his brain itself wont be fully rested with the snoring, so you're both suffering.

My oh could have written this post apart from it would be about me lol

I feel for you its so frustrating and for some reason I find the snorer never understands how bad they are. My OH never use to snore but started about a year ago and really doesn't understand why I get so frustrated. Luckily he doesn't snore every night but I think the fact that I'm up and down all night anyway makes it even worse when he is snoring. Most nights I go to sleep a couple of hours before him so I know I can get some sleep but it can still keep me awake the rest of the night. The other night he woke to find me crying because I couldn't sleep (not just because he was snoring, I also had heart burn and back ache) but he gets frustrated because he thinks it can't be that bad. I've tried sleeping on the sofa myself and it use to be ok but now it just makes my back hurt. I'd kick him out of bed for a few nights so you can get some sleep afterall you'll be having a baby very soon and need all the rest you can get. Its hard enough to sleep as it is at that stage.

Tell him to go sleep on that freakin sofa, men get it far to easy, i wish they could feel our pain, bugger him, you could have a baby in a day now so you need your rest :) ha!

Earplugs, swear by them!! Boots do some great beige coloured foam ones that are not too expensive.

Poor hubby though is having issues with me snoring, have never had a problem before, but pregnancy has bought it on!

Poor hubby though is having issues with me snoring, have never had a problem before, but pregnancy has bought it on!

Me too! I always snore during pregnancy, just not nearly as loud as hubby! Now it's our 13 yr old daughter who has to ask in the morning which of us snored all night...

It could be an allergy thing too, I have to keep my bedroom totally clear of dust or I suffer.

But surely he'll understand if you boot him to the couch? You need rest for labour!

Thanks for all the support girls! I've tried them all, nose clip fell out and was never seen again! I think he hoovered it up his bloody nose! Strips don't work. We tried a ring on his finger, waste of money. Then I got ear plugs, still hear him plain as day lol. I even play white noise which helps me sleep but he just snores through it and the sound is so irritating as I'm on my last nerve with all the no sleeping! My bump is huge so I hardly fit in the bed as it is ha ha which doesn't help. Also have awful SPD so no fun whatsoever at the minute. I said to him this morning, I hope you enjoyed your last night before you go on your camping trip. He thinks I'm joking. He's being forcefully evicted! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->