i think ive realised today why ive been such a stressy mummy

Fabby

mummy to my amazing boy x
Reaction score
I think I've realised today why I've been a rather stressy mummy the past 14 weeks, its cus I come on here and read threads and posts of advice and worries and then it it gets me worrying about things! This forum is great and I've made some great mummy friends but I do think it scares the shit out of me sometimes with the things I read. Yes some have been invaluable information but some hasn't and as only made me be unnecessary stressed. Ive speek to other mums who are so much more relaxed about everything. Even my dh has recently commented how stressy I have been about things. X

ooh dear lol. whats scared the shit out of you hun.

<3

I totally get what you're saying. I think I haven't ever thought about alot of what other moms worry about. I am not a worrier (although I used to be BIG time). I think they key with BnB as with everything else is not to internalize things- sort of read threads in a slightly detached way otherwise you will panic about everything you read and create imaginery problems.

I totally get what you're saying. I think I haven't ever thought about alot of what other moms worry about. I am not a worrier (although I used to be BIG time). I think they key with BnB as with everything else is not to internalize things- sort of read threads in a slightly detached way otherwise you will panic about everything you read and create imaginery problems.

Exactly! X

ooh dear lol. whats scared the shit out of you hun.

<3

sorry i can add more now, alfie's sleeping on me and was fidgiting.

I think like lightworker said the thing is not to take things in to much, yes BnB is a fountain of knowledge but everyone does things differently. Like for example there was a co sleeping question yesterday i think her LO slept on her side and she was worried, i told her my honest answer that no i wouldnt personally let alfie sleep on his side in my bed because id worry about him rolling and i sat there thinking i hope I havent scared her into thinking what shes doing is wrong iykwim.

<3

I think towards the end of my pregnancy, maybe mid third tri, I had a bit of an epiphany. I used to worry myself sick reading things on here and google. You can only imagine some of the things I self diagnosed myself and my unborn child with.

Then one day I though pffft, I shouldn't take too much to heart. I was also kind of fed up for being made to feel naughty for some of the things I did (when I say 'did' I mostly mean 'ate' nom nom nom!) during pregnancy. Yes I had the odd runny egg and a slightly pink steak and a few slices of cured meats (quick call social services now...) And some of the comments I got :o!

Now I am selective in what I pay a lot of attention to. I still take most things on board, but I have got a lot better in what I let worry me. Hey I'm a first time mummy, who is an absolute novice, but Ava-Mae is growing and healthy so far, so I must be doing something right!

But I know what you mean about how stressy some things you read can make you.

x

I totally get what you mean. I come on here to know that I'm not alone in things that I'm doing & thinking, but it is affecting how I parent, I think. I'm much more conscious of what I'm doing and maybe not using my instincts as much.

Sometimes an information overload can really make you question yourself. Remember the simplest solution is usually the correct one, and to always trust your instincts :)

I could have written your post!

Sometimes there's just too many options and I remember that i have to rely on my own self, which is terribly hard to do sometimes. Seems most of my issues aren't that big of a deal but I worry so much. Even today I posted about baby waking up late and totally messing up his naps and feeding for the rest of his day, and haven't gotten a reply! I want someone to tell me how to fix it!

I really do need to just chill out! I really have realised today that it is reading stuff on here that as made me worry about my parenting. It was the nail on the head this morning when there was a thread about fluride in our water systems and i know that the OP was only just sharing some knowledge she found but i read it, panicked, then actually thought about it before frantically calling the water suppliers and thought well if i was meant to do something other than boil the water for my babies bottles then SURELY my midwife, health visitor, doctor or even someone else i know in my area WOULD of advised me. I think it was this particular thread that actually made me realise how much of a worrier i have been.

I am going take all your USEFUL advise you have all replied to me with and to just take what i read on here with a pinch of salt..... some of the info and advice maybe useful to me some wont be and i just need to remember that. Thanks for your replies girls and im glad im no the only one who has felt like this

:coffee:

xxxxxx

Know exactly what you mean im a really chilled person and some of the things i read on here ive never heard of before and sometimes find myself worrying about it...I never used to worry about anything with my first so its weird.

Im returning back to being chilled :)

I think a lot of new mums read too much into the baby books and I think these are the main culprits! I have a friend who gets really worked up over her baby whisperer book and it makes her very anxious. She asked me why I was so laid back and I do think its cos I dont read them. I tend to gain advice here if I REALLY need it and then use my instinct with what i feel sits right with me if you know what I mean? x

I think I've realised today why I've been a rather stressy mummy the past 14 weeks, its cus I come on here and read threads and posts of advice and worries and then it it gets me worrying about things! This forum is great and I've made some great mummy friends but I do think it scares the shit out of me sometimes with the things I read. Yes some have been invaluable information but some hasn't and as only made me be unnecessary stressed. Ive speek to other mums who are so much more relaxed about everything. Even my dh has recently commented how stressy I have been about things. X

how scary i was thinkin the same thing earlier. I was in a situation and though 'i bet someone on bnb wouldnt do it this way' and thought sod it ill use my own instinct and not worry about it after...

I could have written ur post hun..

X

That floride post seemed to have a panicky air about it. I read it and could easily see how you'd feel that way. I knew floride wasn't good for babies, so I checked in on it months back. We have it in our drinking water, filters don't take it out, and the bottled water for babies had floride in it! I had literally zero options to avoid it. After reading that thread, it really seemed to come off anxiety inducing, even if the poster didn't mean it to. There are a million horrible things we give our babies that have bad effects, that one was just listed in detail! But there are even more good things with positive effects that we do, THAT is were we need to focus. Like you said, take advice with a grain of salt!!!

Yes, you learn more being on a site like this, but really...in a pinch, things that I have learned on here have been able to help me make a quick and correct decision as well. You just cant pay so much mind to things that dont apply to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->