I think my baby kicked me in the ribs last night~

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by aliss, Dec 15, 2009.

1. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

Made me jump out of my chair and go "holy shyza!". I was at work overnight and all the ladies there (all moms) said that was probably the first swift kick. I've had some "fish tank" movement in the past 2 days.:shrug: I thought it was a bit too soon but there is no way that was gas

2. Rozie_1985

Rozie_1985 Mummy To Joel

Congrats!! Sounds like it was bubs letting you know they are there!! I was amazed when i first felt lil' man up near my ribs, i was like how can you be that far up!! :thumbup:

3. JessiHD

JessiHD Mummy to Joshua :)

Ribs seem the favourite place of my little man!

4. lanaross

lanaross Mom to Bella and Greyson

it's way too early for that hon, your uterus should be below your belly button if you're 16 weeks. Unless you're carrying twins?

5. bebedawl

bebedawl Expecting BaBy #1

i understand that people feel that its 'too early' for feeling movement. but every pregnancy is different. im feeling kicks, and pokes in my ribs, and although its earlier than most, its not impossible.

6. CocoaOne

CocoaOne Well-Known Member

Unless you have a very short trunk it's not likely it was baby, as lana said- before 20 weeks the top of your uterus is still below your belly button. Maybe it was kicks reverbarating up so it felt like it was the ribs. Feeling kicks anywhere at 16 weeks is great though!

7. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

Must've been some sort of reverbarating then, it def was something not gas, but then I guess it is way too soon to be near the ribs!

Twins? Nooo I don't think so, LOL. I had a scan at 6+5 (emerg one for threatened miscarriage) and there was only one sack. I'm in Canada so we don't get scans until 18 weeks again, but I figure twins would've showed by then!

Then again, I think my belly seems quite huge. I'm a slimmer girl and my avatar was at about 15 weeks. LOL who knows.

8. acdmommy

acdmommy mother of 4

your uterus should only be around your belly button