• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I think one of my stitches have come undone

JLFx3

Reaction score
well title says it all really! not sure if it has come undone or not :\ went to toilet few hours ago and was constipated (sorry TMI) and as i was wiping myself it started getting painful and sore, i also think i saw a small thread thing on the tissue paper but i cant be sure... its been 2/3 hours now since that happened and its still sore but not as painful...
im not sure what to do, cant ring midwifes until monday as its weekend now but im panicking and thinking the worst about what could happen to it so i really need some advice! x

First, try not to worry!! Your wee one is 2 weeks and 2 days - by this time your wound will have done the main part of it's healing, and your stitches will probably be disintegrating (im assuming they would have done what they usually do, which is using a continuous soluble stitch. I popped 2 bits of mine a few days after they were put in lol (stupid me trying to do cleaning) and midwife just told me to keep an eye out for signs of infection, swelling, feeling of hotness, temperature etc.......but by this time your stitch should be breaking down on it's own and coming out anyway, you might have more bits coming out over the next week or so, it's kind of weird, managed to get a hold of a bit and pull it out it ended up being about 3 cm long :hehe: (yeah im twisted like that)

unless you're in lots of pain then i honestly wouldn't worry too much about it, ask midwife or HV anyway just to reassure yourself but dont panic!

I agree with the above poster. I lost a couple of stitches at 8 days and freaked out. I was told not to worry about it as they would start to disolve soon anyway. By about 2weeks they'd started disintegrating and I had threads of stitch coming loose. Eurghh!! I had internal stitches so it really itched and tickled when they came loose. Hope you're not worrying too much sweet x

One of mine has come out and I am only 4 days postpartum. The midwife said its quite common and the area tends to heal inside out anyway.

I had one of my stitches fall out within a week after having my son. They had be come in and make sure I didn't need restitched and everything was fine. I would just call your OBGYN or midwife and ask them. I'm sure its fine but I always call just to make sure.

I think I had two come out just one or two weeks pp, and I freaked out but it was fine, healed on its own.. I think the midwives/GYN will probably ease your mind if you're concerned :) just make sure you don't get infected!

ok thanks everyone :) helped put my mind at ease reading them reply's! still a bit nervous about it though but this morning im not in any pain with it so im guessing that's a good sign :D

Definitely a good sign. Is it bleeding at all? x

No bleeding does suggest its closed up. Mine bled a little but I was still told not to worry. If its in a place you can see with a mirror take a look and make sure there isn't a hole left by the missing stitch. I couldn't check mine cos it was right round the back so I saw the nurse at my GP surgery who said there was a small hole but it has healed by itself. If you're still a bit worried you're under the care of your community midwife til she signs you off at 4weeks pp so you could always give her a ring x

ooh i hope it is closed up then! the "thread" thing that i think i saw yesterday on the tissue after wiping was so tiny it was literally half the size of my smallest fingernail so a very very tiny piece my partner thinks it could of just been a loose bit which came off... and i tried using a mirror but cant really see it because mine is also round the back and midwifes discharged me last week as everything was fine got her 2 check my stitches then 2 and she said was healing perfectly but they did say i could contact them if anything was wrong but i can't find there number :( they wrote it down on this blue book thing with my hospital notes in but they took it with them! grr -.- i see the HV on monday so may ask her if she has a number for them x

one of mine came undone 1 week PP but MW left it and it healed fine :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"