I think something is finally happening Update: Baby is here

Vyka

Reaction score
Baby was due n the 16th March but decided to wait it out a bit longer.

Have been loosing my plug all week, had BH and some backache but nothing much more. Had the sweep on Friday - cervix soft but still long and only 1cm dilated. Friday afternoon was a bit crampy with BH but nothing much.

Today have been having regular contractions every ten to fifteen minutes since about 10.30am and have had backache most of the afternoon. The contractions aren't painful but are stronger and can feel them in my bum and crotch as well as my belly so that's why I think it's not BH this time.

I think I'm finally starting to progress!

I really hope this is the start of it for you :hugs: I'll be stalking this thread!

Looks like it was a false start. The contractions tailed off last night and then the baby was wriggling for ages.

So fed up now!

Hope baby doesn't keep you waiting much longer!! :dust:

Was it out and about with my DH when I suddenly felt wet (in Matalan of all places). I'm not certain if I wet myself or if my waters have broken as my knickers were soaked through but didn't smell of urine yet I had a pee on the loo straight away.

I've put on a pad and am just giving it an hour to see if it gets wet or not before I ring the hospital. Had one or two pains but nothing painful.

What do you think?

Sounds good!

Funny we have exactly the same due dates and had sweep on the same day too.

Had my show on Saturday but nothing since :(

Hope this is it for you! I have had zero contractions etc

I've had a few intermittent pains this afternoon but nothing I think is a contraction. I really hope I didn't pee myself!

If you think your waters have broken, put a pad in and do the sniff test :)

Sat wearing a pad at the moment. I had a good sniff of my knickers before I put them in the wash (that sounds so wrong!) and it didn't smell anything like pee, even my husband said so.

Just felt another squirt, definitely not urine. Felt different to peeing and was clear with a slightly sticky consistency. Hopefully some contractions will start to follow soon. :)

Ooooo this might be it then :) my mw told me today that we should always ring the labour suite when we think our waters have broken as they may want to swab... Especially if not contracting yet. I know everywhere works differently though. Have you spoken to anyone?

Are you phoning the labour ward? When I had my sweep the MW said to phone if my waters break

Ooooo this might be it then :) my mw told me today that we should always ring the labour suite when we think our waters have broken as they may want to swab... Especially if not contracting yet. I know everywhere works differently though. Have you spoken to anyone?

I phoned the maternity unit a couple of hours ago and they said to put on a pad and see if anything leaked and to see if any contractions followed. She said the baby's head may be acting like a plug so to speak. They will only let you go 24 hours before coming in if nothing further is happening. I'm going to wait a little longer before ringing back. It maybe a long night!

Thats good though. I know it's going to be hard for you to sleep as I bet you'll have all sorts on your mind, but TRY and sleep. It might possibly be the last night without a little baby hehe ;)

Good luck though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->